Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have any recommendations for diagnostic software for a laptop, commonly seen available on ebay etc?

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
just clear that last post up, it's to use on cars error codes and live sensor data not to fix a laptop.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
theres lots out there, it all depends on what interface your using
for basic stuff i use scantool for logging i have either the palmer software or digimoto

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, it's just going to be laptop/usb/obd port, want to look at live data especially cam timing from the dephaser, I have a friends french car with this problem and no amount of swapping around is working for him.

regards

daves

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't panic but there's a dephaser on the inlet camshaft on the Note! and it operates just like all the rest. so if you have code P0011, there's lots of potential culprits, it's known to drive engineers crazy and the customers can get huge bills and even have it fixed.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
please insert "not" have it fixed, Doh!

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cheers for the Link.

And you should not let Trekkies in your car at any time

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well the Pug is fixed of it's P0011, seems you can fit a new dephaser pulley and cambelt, re-time it twice to be sure but you have to have peugeot's own software to reset the cam timing program even when all was correctly fitted and set up, my friend is now £51 shy in the pocket for 5 minutes work.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
sounds about right for a pug iirc its about the same money to get the fiat 500 canbus re-sycn'd (common fault)

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It seems as though they are more than determined to get you to their garage no matter what your capable of, unless you can afford to pay out £1000s' for the proffesional software. The nice point about the vauxhall ecu was that it learnt as it went along i.e. self correcting, so if there was an error code it would constantly re-check to see if it was genuine and if the fault went away so did the error light. You could even reset it by switching the ignition on/off 30 times.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts