Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello am about to take the plunge and buy a set or Iridium spark plugs for my wifes 1.6 auto. I'm going to get Denso brand. Any of you used the Denso plugs, I've read some superb reviews just wondering if anyone has any knowledge they can share. Thankyou.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've put NKG iridiums in my wife's Chevy Matiz and it runs fabulous, Im thinking of putting the same in my Note come service time next year.

Izzy

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
I've used denso and ngk irridiums in a few bikes, and IMHO they have not made one iota of difference over standard plugs, and are not worth the extra money, unless you are going to get 60,000 miles out of them. A 1.6 note may be a little different, as you need a manifold gasket when you change them, and this adds to the cost of the plugs.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
iirc its only ngk and denso make the plugs for the note nissan ones arnt to badly priced

NGK PartNo.PLZKAR6A-11 or 5118

Denso Part No. FXE20HR11

rrp is £14.99 a plug

not as bad as the mini cooper S 05 onwards what where £25 each plus you needed a multi hex socket
to remove them

Edited by: flash22

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
just to add the manifold gasket 1.6 note...................

Nissan part No. 14035-ED000

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers everyone, I take it flash22 that the part number for the Denso above is for the 1.6 auto Note. Might take the plunge soon and have a go at it myself. The ones in my 57 plate with approaching 35,000 miles on are the originals, still running ok but I've heard of the tips corroding which is said to have catastrophic consequences. I've just enquired with K & N to see if they do a K & N oil filter for my motor as I've read good reviews, just waiting for a reply and will report later.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I remember the original iridium tipped plugs...the tips used to fall off in the bore and score the liners as they were so hard. They have probably been improved since then but I still don't trust them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
In my own personal opinion, not shared by the company I work for, I have heard mixed reviews regarding Denso plugs but heard nothing but good things about the NGK stuff. I run an imported Nissan Silvia 2.0 Turbo (approx 300bhp) and i used denso iridium plugs and the tips melted causing spluttering and missfire so i changed to the NGK iridiums and have had no bother at all since, Mark.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts