Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 08 Note has deadlocking.

Press the fob "lock" button to lock the car, indicators give 1 flash. Press again to deadlock, indicators give 1 flash, seems the same, but the interior handles are disconnected. (Try it when sitting in the car. 1st press locks but you can get out with the handle, second press and you can't)

Not in the owners manual, I've read it twice, I'd never have found this if I hadn't had a Vauxhall before.

The manual goes on about "Superlocks" but doesn't tell you how to make them work.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Mos new cars with fob activated central locking have this deadlocking feature, it came into practice with modern cars back in the early 90's when manufacters wanted more secure standard cars, the only way you can get in to a deadlocked car is to either use the fob or the key and in a very limited amount of vehicles disconnect then reconnect the battery ( Mercs where the battery is in the boot and you have two power posts on the engine), the other way which is not recommended is to open the rear windows(only on manual type) and get inside from there then shorting out the electrics.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
its the same as the vx cars, had this on all my corsa's from p reg upto my 08
iirc deadlocking is part of the nats system

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Vauxhalls had dropped deadlocking around 08, when I nearly replaced my 03 Corsa with one that didn't have deadlocking or heated mirrors, the same time they started providing a bicycle wheel as a spare, before they dropped the spare altogether.

It just doesn't work like the handbook, the superlock should automatically engage: "do not lock with the remote out of line of sight as occupants will be unable to exit"

·
Registered
157 Posts
tried mine today. Mine deadlocks with only one press of the keyfob. Mine's an '08 too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts