Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've had my 57 reg 1.5DCi for several months now, and have been keeping track of ACTUAL fuel usage, as against the trip computer, which is wildly optimistic. (Showing 71MPG, I wish!)
I did 3,000 miles and averaged a consistent 61MPG.
I then fitted a K&N panel air filter. (TBH I've not really noticed much if any increase in throttle response.)
A further 3,000 miles down the road, and MPG figure is now a consistent 62.
So, in a nutshell, £25 for the filter, gives a saving of 3gal of diesel over a standard 12,000 mile year, and the saving of replacement air filter every other service.

·
Super Moderator
2,014 Posts
Don't forget to clean and recharge the filter, with their kit. Another £10 or so. Depends on your driving environment, how often you have to clean it.

But you do need to clean it, as and when needed.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I've used them on previous cars, I clean using hot soapy water, and recharge with 2 stroke oil.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Be careful, I have read on other sites that the oil, from this type of filter, can cover some of the airflow sensors and give enginemanagementissues.

·
Super Moderator
2,014 Posts
I agree with Rich Note........save fuel by doing less uneccessary journeys, and a lighter right foot. Keep to near quality original or original parts, and there shouldn't be any probs.

You're not using the correct conditioning oil for your filter, so that could make other probs for the sake of a few quid.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts