Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to change thefuel filter this week so had a look today where it is. Its well hidden, how on earth do you change it???????????
Do i remove the engine or dash
or is there a secret method. Perhaps somebody who has done this can enlighten me. Thanks in advance.

fenman

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
you really need the correct tool to change it iirc is 15-20 quid

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
sorry i was getting mixed up with another car, my bad
heres the info from the fsm

1. Remove quick connectors in the following procedures.

Pinch quick connector square-parts with your fingers, and pull

out the quick connector by hand.If quick connector and tube on vehicle are stuck, push and

pull several times until they move, and pull out.

2. Remove fuel filter from fuel filter bracket.
FL-28

[K9K]

FUEL FILTER

Bleeding Fuel Filter
1. Prime the circuit using the priming bulb.

2. Perform engine cranking with repeating several times until engine starting.

3. If the engine does not start, use a flat bladed screwdriver to lift up the button on the fuel return pipe and perform engine cranking.

4. When the bleeding is completed, push the button, and check absence of leakage.

: Bleeding position

: Normal position

You may well need the 3 prong filter tool to undo the filter lock ring

Edited by: flash22

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I read that from the w/manuel on how to take pipes off. Puzzeled about the tool you said.The workshp manuel does nottell you to remove the plastic wheel liner & that was mydownfall

Thanks for the youtube link that was just what i needed! On the D40 you do the same to change the oil filter. I don't suppose the oil filter is in there as well with good access is it??

fenman

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
iirc you dont need to remove the liner on a rhd car if you do its only to drain the water
the fuel clips you have to squeeze the tabs in the openings and push and pull at it should come loose just like a petrol filter it leaves tab part on the filter and the pipe comes offlike a plug and socket affair

its easyier to do it then type it tbh

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you dont need to remove the liner, how do you get your hands in to do it!!Mine are to fat

fenman

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The replies that i've had contradict each other!
I was hoping for somebody who has had hands on experience & physically done the job to reply

fenman

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
my first post i was thinking of another car what wasnt a nissan
some times you may need a 3 prong wrench / strapto undo the filter housing its 3-4 years a go i lastchanged a filter on a diesel and that was a 15 dci

there are full diagrams in the fsm only thing you need to get under the arch for is to drain the waterof the filter

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think your talking about the oil filter which seems straight forward enough with the 3 prong wrench.Its the fuel filter where my conserns are.

fenman

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello Fenman,

Have you been successful in changing your fuel filter? Please let us know if you need any help!

Best,

Bryanna

Nissan Community Manager

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
NissanGB said:
Hello Fenman,

Have you been successful in changing your fuel filter? Please let us know if you need any help!

Best,

Bryanna

Nissan Community Manager
Hi Bryanna, still in the box awaiting a responce on how to do it

fenman

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nissan Note '08 - newer models may differ
The fuel filter in the note sits in a cradle ona panel behind the air filter box. It is a Renault part and the complete unit has to be replaced, the filter element cannot be changed.
To get access to the filter, the battery and air filter box need to be removed. Once the battery has been removed, remove the plastic insert that secures the air intake to the front panel and detach opposite end from the filter box and set aside. Undo the large jubilee clip and remove hose from air box. From memory, you should now be able to lift the air box from its location and set aside, there is no need to disconnect the electrical connector. Using index finger and thumb, press each ofthe connectors on the fuelfilter and lift clear. Place the blade of a large screwdriver on the shoulder of the fuel filter and allow the shaft to rest on the top edge of the cradle. Apply downward pressure to release the filter from its bayonet type location. When refitting the air filter box, ensure the spigot on the base of the box engages properly with the hole in the rubber bung. After pressingthe priming bulbseveral times toremove the air, i would then start the engine and have someone keep the revs at around 1200 and press thepriming bulb again several times. When air is in the system the engine revs slighty higher at idle and this affects the performance and economy. I find a good indicator that all is well, is when the airis removed and the engine is at the right temperature, the rev counter needleis sitting horizontal at idle.Note the position of the needle before starting any work. Hope this info is of help.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for that Mick, good how to from someone who's done the job!Now Xmas is over i intend to tackle the job, if the rain stops

fenman

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi,
In order to get at the fuel filter you need to remove the battery, making sure you have the radio code. You also need to remove the air filter complete housing and disconnecting air pipe. It then is a matter of unclipping all connectors from the fuel filter and then removing it complete with a bracket. The procedure of replacement is in reverse but the unit needs bleeding as was said here before. At least that's how mine's changed on 2006 dci se. A bit of a pig to do. If you leave the battery in place, your working area becomes that much more difficult and the air filter housing very difficult to remove.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
tombo said:
Hi,
In order to get at the fuel filter you need to remove the battery, making sure you have the radio code. You also need to remove the air filter complete housing and disconnecting air pipe. It then is a matter of unclipping all connectors from the fuel filter and then removing it complete with a bracket. The procedure of replacement is in reverse but the unit needs bleeding as was said here before. At least that's how mine's changed on 2006 dci se. A bit of a pig to do. If you leave the battery in place, your working area becomes that much more difficult and the air filter housing very difficult to remove.
Thanks tombo, looks likeyou have putfinal bit of the jigsaw in place, to now tackle this job, soon. I will let you know how i get on.

Thanks again, fenman

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Now got the fuel filter done, many thanks for the replys asi didNOT think it wasa diy job. But with the details above i felt i could tackle this job & succeded

Next the oil& filter when my drain plug wrench arrives!

fenman

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys, found this thread googling the fuel filter change on the 1.5 dCi Micra. I had the 160SR Micra before the dCi I now have and knew we had a lot in common with Note owners :).

I created and run www.micrak12.com and am going to change the fuel filter tomorrow now that the above post has given me the confidence.

As soon as it's done, I'll add a pictorial guide on my website. Nice 'meeting' you all :).

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
The dci is a renault engine and comes it quite a few versions ina lot of cars inc,micra, note, qashqai, clio, megane, modusand a few others
i got it confused with an older diesel the filter is a complete unit on the newer dci's

the note and micra share lots of parts inc the brakes and engines

1 - 20 of 27 Posts