Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,i have a Blackvue 750s,Dual dashcam,in my 2015 Note,the Dab reception is awful,any ideas on how to fix this,other than re-routing the cable to the rear and ferrite blocks,thanks

·
Registered
102 Posts
I do not understand how a dash cam can result in bad radio reception ?
Something to do with the dashcam cable being insufficiently shielded. I had the same in my Lexus, but unfortunately didn’t know what the cause was. Surprisingly, (unsurprisingly??) the main dealer had no idea either.
(I only discovered the cause when I removed the dashcam when the car lease ended).

·
Registered
102 Posts
I might add that FM and AM reception was not affected, just DAB

·
Registered
957 Posts
Come to think of it.
I have noticed that ALL dash cam cables have a round plastic covered "thing" fitted to the cable at the cam end.
I'm wondering if the op maybe removed it to feed the cable through a restriction and forgot to put it back on ?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Come to think of it.
I have noticed that ALL dash cam cables have a round plastic covered "thing" fitted to the cable at the cam end.
I'm wondering if the op maybe removed it to feed the cable through a restriction and forgot to put it back on ?
He may have done, but I didn’t, I used the complete cable, hardwiring a trailing 12v ciggy-type socket to accept the dashcam’s original plug, both hidden behind the dashboard.

·
Registered
2014 E12 DIG-S Manual
49 Posts
I guess that is due to the interference of radio cable with the cable to the rear dashcam, when they are running closely.

My Note (E12) has the radio line on the right of the car.
I ran the cable to the rear dashcam on the left of the car frame and there is no interference with radio then.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Mine was only a front camera, so everything was around the dashboard area.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts