Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi AllHas any one any ideas Why Nissan and other makers see fit to have switches and buttons low down , but not to illuminate them, therefore at night if i want to adjust my headlight heights , i have to stop to see what i am doing, or if im going through a noarrow gap and want to retract my mirrors again i have to stop!!.
Is there any way i can series link some LED's in to the buttons that are lit to the ones that arent?
Mike

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
there will be a way but it would entail patching in to the +feed and ground wires and also putting holes in the switches for the light to come out of.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I agree, Mike. It's a shame that Nissan's designers, who've obviously put a great deal of thought into the Note, have let themselves down by not finishing the job. My headlight adjuster is lit, but very faintly, and as it's at knee level it's not safe to use while driving.
"Bee-in-bonnet-1" My old Skoda Favorits (Oh no! Here he goes again.) had well placed swiches that were well lit, until the cars were so old that bulbs began to fail. Of course, if they'd had cheap leds then ...

·
Registered
18 Posts
PUTTING FOG LIGHTS ON MAIN LIGHT SWITCH IS ALSO A VERY POOR IDEA AS IT COULD LEAD YOU TO TURN OFF HEAD LIGHTS AT NIGHT WHIL TRYING TO SWITCH ON FOGS SO AGAIN YOU HAVE TO PULL OVER TO WORK IT SAFELY (CRAP)

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Frank misses his Skoda, a lot! familiarising yourself to the controls takes time. WhenI had the same make of car for business year on year, I could operate anything without looking away from the road, side affect is thatI still sometimes reach for a switch on the Note where it would of been on the Vectra/Cavalier but it is diminishing.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Dont worry about the fog light switch o the headlamp stalk , ive solved that one by fitting front LED running lights in my notes gaping mouth , therefore giving a lot of MERC and BMW drivers a bit of annoyance!!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not Only have i the front Audi style lights, but i have just ordered rearLED lights for the rear Pillar Lights and a lovely Red LED rear hatch strip, that when you lift the boot you'll be able to see a red strip cool!!??

·
Registered
453 Posts
I agree, messing around with your (headlamp level) knob at night is not easy. My Almera was the same.

Greenplane - please post some photos when you have done your LEDs.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts