Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So while I'm spending more time at home i decided to hard wire my dash cam.
The Nextbase dash cam is a top brand and in the pack is a fused lead that plonks into the accessories socket.
I purchased a hard wire kit for £5.79 from an ebay seller.
It is supplied with 3 sizes of fuse box connectors. The E12 note needs the smallest one. I guess it's similar on the E11.
I accessed the fuse box on the passenger side of the dash. There are two spare permanent live fuse terminals. I simply plonked my new lead in, and there is a nice earth screw adjacent.
The lead then fits neatly and secure behind the door rubber seal and then under the front edge of the headlining.
The whole job only took 30 minutes. Nextbase dashcams are light and good quality recommended by the AA. They can be removed from the semi permanent base with their magnetic contacts. This is an easy fit on the Note.
If you find yourself bored during these trying days it's one little improvement that you could consider. If you are not confident I'm sure Halfords would do it for you.. Albeit after the current troubles.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I did a similar installation on Mrs B's Note, same routing, as you said, fairly easy.

But wishing no adverse reflection on your method, I did it slightly differently. I chose to use an ignition live fuse rather than permanent live, as I didn’t want to risk a battery drain (however unlikely!!). And I made my own hardwire kit from a trailing lead ciggy socket and a piggy back fuse, so I could use the plug supplied with the camera. Plenty of room under/behind the dash area to hide it.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did a similar installation on Mrs B's Note, same routing, as you said, fairly easy.

But wishing no adverse reflection on your method, I did it slightly differently. I chose to use an ignition live fuse rather than permanent live, as I didn’t want to risk a battery drain (however unlikely!!). And I made my own hardwire kit from a trailing lead ciggy socket and a piggy back fuse, so I could use the plug supplied with the camera. Plenty of room under/behind the dash area to hide it.
That sounds like another good method. The reason i opted for permanent live, was because the camera has a feature to auto record if any vehicle reverses or drives into the car while you are shopping.
(The camera will record if it senses a collision) Hopefully giving me a look at their number plate as they drive off!
I'm not sure yet if i will leave the camera in place whilst at the supermarket... It could be stolen, but as it's small it doesn't advertise itself too much.

·
Registered
39 Posts
That sounds like another good method. The reason i opted for permanent live, was because the camera has a feature to auto record if any vehicle reverses or drives into the car while you are shopping.
(The camera will record if it senses a collision) Hopefully giving me a look at their number plate as they drive off!
I'm not sure yet if i will leave the camera in place whilst at the supermarket... It could be stolen, but as it's small it doesn't advertise itself too much.
Good points!

·
Registered
651 Posts
Yet another method for installation is to use a re-chargeable battery that takes power when the car is in use to charge itself. The camera then uses this "reserve" as it's power source until the car is used again. The power bank, if that's what it's called, will last a full week powering the cam until it needs another charge. Video on you tube explaning it all.
I have two cams in my car, and also when i had the Note, they are left in all the time and i've not had any issues with tea leafs. ( Touch wood ).
One of many videos on you tube -

1 - 5 of 5 Posts