Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Here's a weird one...... I have a 59 plate, 1.5 dci Tekna. I had a worrying verbal message from the car - 'WARNING - DANGER DUE TO FAULTY VEHICLE', it did not re-occur so I put it out of my mind. A couple of days later my wife had the same message 3 times in a 20 minute journey then again nothing for the rest of that day and the following morning. I took to the independent dealer I bought it from and he (an ex Nissan technician) had not heard of it and could get no fault codes from the car, he also checked with a friend of his who is still a senior Nissan tech and he had also not heard of anything like it. So my question to you forumites is.... Has anyone had the same problem, i've tried googling this and scouring forums, including this one.

H E L P ! !

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
where did that display or was it the satnav speaking it, it may well be the tmc traffic messsage and some one messing about i had a wierd bleep and voiceon the way home that sounded like nagging nora (connect voice)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just as flash said its probably some 1 messing with the tmc as the note dosnt give verbal system warnings

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Please NO verbal warnings!

One of the guys with whom I worked had a Citroen XM as a company car.

Worked really well for a whole week, then the warnings.

"Door open" - it wasn't

"Bulb failure" - helpful not all bulbs working

"Door open" - still all closed

Alarm sound followed by "Brake system failure - stop immediately"

No brake problem but then the clutch failed two days later. No bloody voice warning for that though!

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
In The Olden Days I had an MG Montego. (I loved it: over 40mpg with me driving it, heater worked, but the rust-oh the rust)

That had a voice synthesiser, in 1984
, a nice female voice:

"All monitored systems are functioning correctly"
"Door ajar: check vehicle map" (And there was a graphic with the door status for all 4 doors on)

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
I was with BT when they acquired hundreds of Maestros and Montegos - every one with a water leak into the body.

Apparently they used to fill the cars with an inert gas and had a robot that 'sniffed' the (glued not welded) roof panels.

The robot would mark any defective areas which, it is alleged, had the marks wiped off by a 'bloke with a rag' as the cost of re-glueing was prohibitive.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Yep
The windscreens all leaked.

What you had to do was smash it, then the man from autoglass would fit one with loads of glue and cure the problem

I vaguely recall that they had a self heating element thingie to melt the glue that never worked as well as a big tube of sealant.

Shame about the rust really, they were great cars. Wish I still had it in rust free condition, but I suspect it went to the scrappy 20 years ago

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Looks like the front half of a montego stuck on the back half of a maestro. Not particularly attractive

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
thats the one, i know someone who has a 450bhp 2.0l montego saloon that thing was fast

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
that design has not improved with rose tinted specs

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Of the same vintage, I rode through country lanes in Suffolk once, in around 1985,in an MG Metro 6R4 owned by a guy from BT's research labs in Martlesham Heath.
I have never been so scared (or deaf) in my life. The roadholding was amazing but you had the constant thought that, with the mid engine, the first thing to stop the tree that you were inevitably going to hit was your feet.

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts
Nigel B said:
Of the same vintage, I rode through country lanes in Suffolk once, in around 1985,in an MG Metro 6R4 owned by a guy from BT's research labs in Martlesham Heath.
I have never been so scared (or deaf) in my life. The roadholding was amazing but you had the constant thought that, with the mid engine, the first thing to stop the tree that you were inevitably going to hit was your feet.

Wasn't that the beast, that Tony Pond drove in the World Rally Champs. Didn't BL. slice 2 cylinders off the Rover V8, and slide it in the Metro kit car.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Over 400 bhp, mid engined, full harnesses, still felt no safer though.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
mdvineng said:
Nothing wrong with the design mdvineng,

<ul>[*]the heater worked[*]the wipers had an intermittent setting[*]the headlights didn't come on by themselves in bright sunshine[*]the boot was opened by a cable[*]the heater worked[*]bags of room[*]the heater worked[*]full sized spare wheel[*]bigger on the inside than the outside[/list]
Did I mention- the heater worked

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks FLASH & TMAN, very funny ELEPHANT (i'm a big fawlty towers fan), and er thanks everyone else for the Maestro / Montego irrelevance (but interesting, I have a mate who has a porsche beating turbo maestro van!)

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
mnl said:
mdvineng said:
Nothing wrong with the design mdvineng,

<ul>[*]the heater worked[*]the wipers had an intermittent setting[*]the headlights didn't come on by themselves in bright sunshine[*]the boot was opened by a cable[*]the heater worked[*]bags of room[*]the heater worked[*]full sized spare wheel[*]bigger on the inside than the outside[/list]
Did I mention- the heater worked

yeah but could you turn it off! I drove one when they were first out as a company vehicle, steering was vague to say the least, was glad to get rid of it.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
nicodemusUK said:
Thanks FLASH & TMAN, very funny ELEPHANT (i'm a big fawlty towers fan), and er thanks everyone else for the Maestro / Montego irrelevance (but interesting, I have a mate who has a porsche beating turbo maestro van!)
sorry about the off topic posts, you know how the old boys get when something sparks the nostalgia

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just had the SAME message come through my speakers on my new Rogue - Caution - danger due to faulty vehicle. What the heck? I can't find a reason for it - no warning on the dash. Very odd.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts