Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have af brand-new Nissan Note. My cruise control is not working probaly. At speed over 120 Km/h the cc has a problem keeping a steady speed. It rapidly turns on and off as if it can not obtain the correct speed. The result is a slowly rocking car, wich is far from comfortable. Has anyone experienced something like this and what did your cardealer or Nissan do to fix it.
the Dane

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
take it back to the main dealer as its under warrenty

·
Registered
74 Posts
<div style="text-align: center;">Never had that problem as our UK speed limit is112.7 kphand our CC works fine at that

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Check your SPEED LIMITER...it may be set to under 120kmh and you could be engaging it along with the cruise control. This would account for the lurching as the poor old Note won't know if it's coming or going!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, folks, I am a new owner of a 59 plate 1.4 Acenta, which has done only 9000 miles. Brilliant car and very happy with it. However, I, too, have a query about the Cruise Control. On a run yesterday, I discovered that the cruise control doesn't like going up long hills, and doesn't hold it's speed. The speed gradually reduces, then the cc cuts out. I can re-set it after the top of the hill and all is fine again. Similarly, going down hills, the speed increases, then the cc display starts flashing, and I am forced to brake to stop the speed increasing too much.I didn't buy the car from a Nissan dealer, and I was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience, or any advice,before I go back to the garage? Thanks, in anticipation!

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Yes it's CRUISE CONTROL....you don't want to cruise up or down a hill or you won't have any power in reserve if something untoward happens. CC is for use on a long flat run to give your feet a rest from pushing the pedals.

·
Registered
30 Posts
+1 with the pachyderm Richard.
If you were to drive up that hill without the CC engaged you would probably find that you would have to change down to maintain your speed.
It's not a clever enough system to apply the brakes going downhill, so only relies on engine braking which will be overcome by a long / steep descent.

That's how I understand it anyway!

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
As above, the manual warns not to use it in hilly (or windy: as in blowy) conditions.
All it does is move the throttle for you. If you couldn't achieve the set speed with your right foot without the cruise control, it won't work.

Much better with an auto: tap resume (set at 75MPH) from 20MPH and it will kickdown and take off like a rocket. It will also change down to third to get up hills.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have driven auto's with cruise control and they normally change down when the speed drops,obviously not an option with a manual. one thing I did notice though is there is no coast facility with the cruise, find that to be quite useful rather than knocking the speed down. I normally cancel the cc downhill and resume when flat again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am really interested in the post above because My Note SE doesn't have cruise control fitted but I want it fitting if price is right. Has anyone had any experience of have this done andare there anyproblems afterwards.I expect it will be best going to a Nissan Dealer yeah or nay. My Note IS 2006 1600 PETROLAUTOMATIC PETROL. Any offers please.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Has anyone had a CC installed by Conrad Anderson, or bought the kit from them. ?

Working all right. ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have also a 2008 Note 1.6 L petrol auto but without CC!I miss the CC, especially for speed limit control, my sat Nav is annoying me by telling me I am over the speed limit, even by 2 mph!!
I checked the conrad-anderson site for the Nissan Note kit cost, see below:
http://www.conrad-anderson.co.uk/cruisecontrols/vehicle-specific-cruise-control/cruise-control-nissan.htm

around £600-700 including fitting!! Maybe I would better of switch my sat nav off!!

By the way... one note of warning about using CC:
I have used for many years CC. One day, on the motorway, cruising at just below the speed limit, cruise control on... relax max!... Coming towards the toll gate, I wanted to disengage the CC by tapping briefly on the brake only to realize my right lower leg and feet had "fallen asleep"!!!
Panic, I did disengage from the steering wheel control but I could not safely brake and slow down. Using the left foot for braking on an automatic can havesurprisingeffect (totally different sensibility).
I did managed eventually to pull over the emergency lane (shifting to first gear and gentle handbrake)...
After that experience, when I was using the CC, with my feet I keep doing "riverdance" to keep them awake!!!

Cheers!
Paddy

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have just ordered a CC kit from conrad-anderson today, the total price for the kit is: 421 Gbp.

I will make some photos when i do the installation, and post them here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had an Almera from 2005 to 2012 and due to leg trouble had a cruise-control fitted by Conrad Anderson (I live down the road from them!). It worked brilliantly with my 1.8 auto, it was relief on the motorway. Last week I bought a 2009 Note Auto with cruise-control fitted. I hope this car proves to be as reliable as the Almera (120k totally trouble-free miles). If you retrofit a cruise-control it will be considered a modification and may affect your insurance.

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Welcome to the forum Tariq.

God point about the insurance.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Anyone with a CC, factory or retrofitted, could you do me a favor and have a look if you have aswitch at your clutch pedal, and if you have, how it's mounted.

As part of the CC kit i got from Conrad Anderson, i have to install a clutch switch, and so far that
seems to be the hardest part of the installation / not much room to work at or ways to mount switch....

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
pm Flash22 and ask him nicely for the link to the workshop manuals.

Open section CL.pdf and on page CL-7 it shows how the clutch switch should be mounted, and tells you how to get the whole pedal assembly out of the car to make your switch work.

Alternatively, as it is a hydraulic clutch, you could fit an adaptor in the clutch line to take a brake light switch from an older car that works off hydraulic pressure.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks mml,

If the drawing above is for a Note, then there are different versions used, the bracket for my
clutch pedal looks different, and the mounting bolts are in a different pattern / 2 on right side &
1 on left side.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Speed signal / VSS.

In the installation instructions for the CC, it says to pick the speed signal / VSS at the red wire,
pin 3 of the 40-pin white connector at the back of the speedo, which involves a lot more dismantling
to get to.

There is a speed signal / VSS at one of the plugs at the back of the radio, which is much easier to get to
as back of speedo.

Is the signal at the back of the radio = signal at back of speedo / the same pulses. ?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts