Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am very interested is buying a petrol 1.6 Note auto or manual, preferably an auto with cruise. I have done some research and am going to be a father for the first time at 44 soon ( I know ) and am looking for a reliable car for my mini me and Mother :) We are trying to sell a 2005 1.6 Focus TDCI which has been a complete money pit and I never want to see another modern diesels ever again. I am basically asking will the petrol Note be a good car for a new Mother ? Any advise would be great :) Cheers

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Yes it will, very easy to drive with good visibility and flexible interior space, good reliability and the auto box is superb.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
yes its a very practical car on facelift models you can disable the front air bag so you can safely put a baby seat in the front and in the back you have isofix fixings both sides

all the doors open nice and wide for easy access you can slide the back seat forward to make room in the back the split level boot means you can get your weeks shopping in the car as well as your baby stuff and you will have plenty of that

anyway congrats on the baby, and your never be on time or have money ever again, and your get use to having no sleep for the first 5-10 years lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks you for your advice ladies and gents :) Can you tell me which models have Cruise Control fitted as standard ?

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
it's option only I think? I've seen top of the range technas with less kit than others including my accenta +R

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
tekna, ntec+ and some ntec models have it as standard its a option on other models

The facelift tekna (58 plate on) has sat nav, cruise, esp, electric folding mirrors to name a few toys as standard

you will find a fair few 1.6 auto tekna's as there a popular car on the motability scheme

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I've seen plenty of Techna's without cruise though, but can't remember if they are pre facelift

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
yes there are some pre facelift cars 57-58 plate that are reg'd as tekna's but are more of a se spec

edit. the car above has no cruiseEdited by: flash22

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi, Congratulations to you both. The ntec and ntec+ have cruise control but other models do too(not sure which). Try www.westwaynissan.co.uk to have a look at the various models. You can do a search for Notes to see what the cars have. Prices vary depending on age of car, model and mileage. Happy hunting.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
my R+ is the same spec as a techna but only minus the minute amount of leather trim you get with a techna.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
My tekna doesn't have cruise, and it is an '08, last before the facelift.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Gosh, the model range is all very confusing. Is the Cruise built into the steering wheel or is it on a stalk close by ?

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Buttons on the steering wheel.

My 2012 ntec+ has cruise control and speed limiter (the licence saver) on the right hand side of the wheel and the audio controls on the left.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
yes the cc is on the wheel

a picture of the facelift

1 - 20 of 27 Posts