Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picking up my 2008 1.6 Auto on Friday and it doesn't have cruise control.

Can a Nissan dealership add this to an existing Note or is the costprohibitive?

Thanks

Geoff

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
If you must have it then retrofit is the way to go.

Fitting an 'OEM' unit would require changing/ adapting steering wheel controls/cabling, disabling/re-enabling the airbag, possibly changing the 'wound' ribbon cable that enables one to turn the wheel while maintaining the circuits,reprogramming the ECU and fitting the necessary auxilliary components. At dealer prices that isn't going to be an inexpensive option.
Edited by: Nigel B

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Local dealership replied with the following:<b style="line-height: 1.4;">
[/b]
<b style="line-height: 1.4;">Unfortunately we are unable to retro fit cruise control to
your vehicle and Nissan do not supply a kit to be able to do
this.
[/b]

I hope this information helps and if you have any other
queries please contact me.

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts
Maybe you should cancel buying this Note on friday, and look for another Note, with cruise control.

Or ask yourself, do you really need it.

Edited by: Boysie

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
One supplier I have found is carfi and they quote £549 to retrofit cruise control to a Note.
Howard May will also supply and fit for £495.00.

Not a cheap option and, if it's important to you it might be worthwhile seeking out another car.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Boysie said:
Maybe you should cancel buying this Note on friday, and look for another Note, with cruise control.

Or ask yourself, do you really need it.

I don't think I really need it, I am getting the car really cheap so was looking to add the things I like to have. 90% sure I'm going to get LPG conversion. I expect to hold on to the car for 10 years+

Cruise control was a nice to have option, but for the cost of adding then I will just have to do without.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts