Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone my 14 plate Note 1.5 diesel Tekna has a fault with the cruise control. I have had the car 6 months and had no issues until now. It was fine on Monday but on Tuesday night goes on to the motorway on my way to Warrington and presses the cruise control button then set the speed and nothing. It shows the cruise control sign but pressing set or resume doesn't do a thing. There are no warning signs anywhere. Another thing of note, pardon the pun, is the little gear stick symbol advising when to go up and down a gear now no longer does that, I am led to believe they are connected issues as that has always worked too. Drove back home 3 hours later ans it still didnt work. My blind spot lights were blinking when no car was in my blind spot too, although it was raining so I suppose that's what happens. Anyone ever had cruise control issues? The speed limiter is the same too, the symbol still comes on, but I can't do anything with it. I might try disconnecting battery tomorrow to see if it clears, if it doesn't it is off to Nissan I guess.

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
Kieran, before doing anything, your Note is still under warranty, TAKE IT BACK. That's what warranties are for

·
Registered
453 Posts
I'm sure that I read that it will stop working if the engine management system detects an issue with the engine oil. I would take it back if it is under warranty, like everyone else is saying.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I will do, it was serviced at 11,000 miles in March and has around 17,500 miles on now. It says oil is good when I start it up. I'll try and find a decent Nissan dealer round here. Don't want to go to Wigan where I got it from. They messing me around with my private plate of my part ex car, still not got it back after 6 months and I paid the DVLA fee and everything.

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
I'm not sure, but when it tells you "oil good" I thought it's telling you the oil level is good, not the condition of the oil?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Car was sorted by the Nissan/Renault dealership in Wirral. They reset it whatever that means, but as long as its working that's all that matters. I assume they probably disconnected the battery. Anyway it's working great. They gave me a lift home and picked me up again when the car was done. Can't complain at all.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Same experience with same diesel crap: when DPF filter clogged cruise stopped working. Had to pay for DPF cleaning. Seems that car won't have much value after warranty expiry. Less than year ownership :(

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
DPF filter, from memory read your hand book page 5.5. you could have cleared it yourself with a trip down the motorway. As for value, it's not as though you paid BMW money in the first place.But as reported in earlier posts, the E12 is not holding it's value as much as the older E11
. As for "diesel crap", I've had my diesel from new (2011) and never had any problems with the diesel engine or anything else to do with the engine, the best engine for the E12

Stylus, how old is your diesel Note, you don't say, as you've never introduced yourself,
Youshould have purchased a BMW, they do a good diesel engine

·
Registered
12 Posts
Note is new, as i mentioned still under warranty.
Advice to buy something else is pretty lousy excuse for Nissan, sorry. It s not mp3 to return to seller and loose just time.
Plus- am i asking something extraordinary? Just descent iron box on wheels! In 2015!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a Nissan Juke and was told that I had to have the gas in the air conditioning redone to make the cruise control work. LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts