Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just bought my Nissan Note dci Diesel 59 plate just over a month ago, loving it by the way :)

Just 1 question about my cruise control speedometer, it's starting to jump some numbers. I.E 39, 59, 64 & 69 are the once i've noticed so far. Does anyone else this problem? Is it common?

Thanks for the help in advance :)

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
When you set the speed for the CCits set at your current speed, what the speedo says may not be the same speed the ecu/bcm is telling the cruise control it usually between 4-5% either way

·
Registered
453 Posts
I have a 59 plate and not seen them jump.Flash22 is spot on with the speedo and CC can be out. Just been driving a Toyota and that was the same.
The other thing I have noticed is, if you are on the motorway on a good flat parts and have the cc set to a speed, reset the avg speed and they don't show the same!! I was putting this down to the diameter change of the tyres as they get worn down.

What do you think?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I know this is an old post - but wondered if anyone resolved this.
Same as the first post, you set the CC on my car then adjust the speed up/down using the steering wheel switch (imagine your in a contraflow on the motorway) - similar to the post above some speeds are not possible in the CC, for example I can set 56, 57, 58 but then it jumps to 60mph and I cannot select 59mph - there are other speeds (roughly every 5mph apart) that cannot be selected too

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
I think your tying to set the speed limit warning rather than the CC with the CC turn it on get it up to the speed and press set (up button iirc) you need to watch the digital speed and not the needle

·
Registered
27 Posts
With the CC on, you can also change the cruising speed using (digital read out) using the 'set' switch - ie press up to increase speed and overtake on the motorway (without touching the pedals). Interestingly the manual states the speeds changes in steps of 2km/h, so I guess this is the issue and why certain speeds (mph) cannot be selected - just annoying when you are stuck behind a lorry doing 59mph and can only select 58 or 60mph.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts