Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI Folks 63 plate Tekna 1.5dci 15,000 miles

Minding my own business at 60mph and the Cruise Control cut out .
Puzzled I reset it and forgot all about it .
Two days later same thing only this time it wouldn't reset just gave (---) at 60mph .
After switching off it worked again .
Then a day later on the motorway it cuts out and MIL comes on. Cruise control works for a few miles then cuts out . Haha !I thought I have a real fault ........ cycled the engine 10 times and put the mil out.
The only code on OBDhowever are one confirmed and one pending P253F Engine Oil Deteriorated.

The car is 500 miles from the next service , according to the dash . About a month away .

Anyone know if this code and cruise control symptoms are related ? Surley they can't be ?? Took it in to my dealerwho is 'puzzled'...... So not a good start then.

Regards Pete

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Mine was cutting out randomly and I reset it after the dealer just shrugged and "didn't know".

Get radio code, disconnect battery. leave for 15 minutes, reconnect.

No problems since.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mdvineng said:
What is the other code? Is the oil original i.e. done 15000 miles in two years?

Thanks for the quick reply , sorry if I didn't make it clear .

My obd reader says both codes the same confirmed and pending as P253F.

Bought the car second hand from a dealer with 3 kMay 2014 hadit serviced in July 2014 . So only about 10K since service. Did make me wonder if they actually changed the oil or reset that they had.

The dealer said that there was a code that didn't relate to the cruise control ( hence why I checked with my own obd)

Regard's Pete

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nigel B said:
Mine was cutting out randomly and I reset it after the dealer just shrugged and "didn't know".

Get radio code, disconnect battery. leave for 15 minutes, reconnect.

No problems since.
I've heard this trick which basically hard resets the EMU .
I'm still under warranty so I'll get it in and let them puzzle some more .
Looking on the net and Jukes and qashqui's seems to suffer this too.

regards Pete

·
Registered
6,724 Posts
Hi Pete (PCD), As you said "I'm still under warranty" take your Note to another Nissan dealer, tell them your problem, and explain how you have taken it back to the first dealer, and they cannot give you good enoughservice, and your unsatisfied with them. What can they do
If your still not happy, write to Auto Express, and ask for their help.
Going back to your post, did you purchase it from a Nissan dealer, orjust a sales pitch, who's also got an average OBD reader. As a true Nissan dealer's OBD cost would be in in the high thousands. But on the other hand, you can have ahighly technical OBD, but it's only as good as the technician using it

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi folks to answer all questions
It was bought from a main dealer Renault West London
but I live in north kent and go to a local Nissan dealer.
No I don't have pro OBD reader , just wanted to know what was showing as a fault , have a generic obd reader not a professional Nissan one.
I'll certainly go to another dealer if this fails to be resolved

Esso/ shell fuel - not supermarket ...I wont put 'bio-diesel ' in my car thanks .
30miles per day motorway for 20miles ,10 miles ast 40 or so . Not 'town ' driving.
rarely sit in traffic

Thanks Pete

Read in the manual CC will be cancelled if 'car overheats ' ....Hmmm ?? ... cheap OBD says coolant at 77'C - doesn't sound too hot to me .

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
77°c is too cold, should be around mid 80's. To save going to the dealer why not try disconnecting the battery as suggested, then go, if that proves in-effective?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Now that's interesting , 77'c that was after I had done 20 miles on the motorway , i'll give the battery trick a go . No big problem with that.
Get back when I 've done it.

regards Pete

·
Registered
6,724 Posts
Hi Pete, If it's still playing up, why not try NigelB suggestion of disconnecting the battery for 15 minutes. What's it going to hurt, as long as you have your radio code. Could save a journey to the dealer. If it worked for NigelB, it could/might work for you
Worth a try.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I don't have a connect but would of thought so, a connect user will be along soon to confirm. The engine temp needs to be read when driving for accuracy, I use Torque pro app on my phone with a bluetooth adaptor ELM327, this also reads and erases codes etc plus more.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Yes, you need a four digit code for the Connect, it should be inside the front cover of the owners manual on a little card.

DO NOT disconnect the battery without it.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
the code relates toa break down of the oil due to the diesel this can be caused by the DPFnot doing a full cycle
oil change -drain any water off the diesel filter - do a 70-80 mile trip get it nice and hot, so the DPF does a full cycle

let the dealer sort it get them to do a DPF regen

·
Registered
6,724 Posts
Do you live near any motorways?8 miles away from me,is the start of the A180 then that leads onto the M180 that joins up with the M18, about 3/4 hour drive to the junction of theM18. When I first got my diesel Note I used to get on the A/M180 set the cruise at 80 MPH drive up to the M18 round the roundabout and back home. Thinking that's what it required to clean out the DPF?That's what you have to do before taking it for a regen, causeit's not cheap for them to rev the balls off the engine. They have to do it over a steel plate, so it don't crack up their concrete.

I will get my hand book out and type here what they suggest you do to keep your DPF clean, it's not the easiest thing to find in the hand book.

·
Registered
6,724 Posts
FOUND IT
In the hand book this information is on page 5-5.
If the diesel particulate filter warning light comes on, it indicates that the particulate matter has accumulated I the filter tothe specified limit. Particulate matter collected in the filter cannot be burned under low speed driving conditions.
As soon as safely possible, drive the vehicle at a high speed (more than approximately 60 km/h (37.5 MPH) until the filter warning light goes out. Always conform to local regulations.
When the accumulated particulate matter has been completely burned, the filter warning light will go out.

So you see you don't have to thrash the balls off the engine to clear the DPF

·
Registered
6,724 Posts
Also disconnecting the battery could up-set the settings on your windows. But look through your hand book, it tells you how to reset them. I'll let you find that page, as I've put my book pack back in the car.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
No radio code was supplied that I can find nor is there any mention in the owners manual of entering a code, my last car had this info . Are there instructions to enter a code in your manual and what page ?
Can we be clear this is a tekna with a connect system .

This is a bit off topic now , but I'm curious

Thanks

Edited by: PCD

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
You still need the code or a dead connect will be the result. The code would of been on a credit card sized piece of paper presented in the handbook wallet when new.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts