Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I found it took some fiddling to work out how to operate (owners manuals are cheating). Press either the limiter or cruise control button, then set your speed with the toggle and then it begins. I kept pressing the cruise control button expecting it to start at the speed i was currently ttavelling at - it doesnt - you need to manually set the speed (never had cruise control before - im sure this is perfectly normal!)

·
Registered
263 Posts
Contrary to Tom72Bus's experience, if I press the cruise control button or the limiter button on the steering wheel, followed by a downward press on the set/reset switch, then it will activate at the current speed.

This speed can then be changed once set by either upward or downward presses of the set/reset switch.

Step changes of 10mph up or down can be made by holding the set/reset switch either up or down.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thats what I found, i just expected it to be set at the push of the cruise control button rather than following with the toggle. Probably a normal way to operate cruise control but its all new to me!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Tom72Bus said:
Thats what I found, i just expected it to be set at the push of the cruise control button rather than following with the toggle. Probably a normal way to operate cruise control but its all new to me!
Sorry, misunderstood what you meant.

For what it's worth, I've only had two cars with cruise control, my previous one was a SEAT and that worked in the same way as the Note.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2013 Diesel - 1.5 - Note. Acenta Premium and experienced similar symptoms to what is described here. I just went to Asda and got some DPF cleaner fluid, put it in with half a tank of fuel, then filled up. I drove about 10 miles (some at 60 mph) and my cruise control started working. Fault light was still illuminated of the dash though... Stopped, went for a walk, started car again - dash light still on. Stopped again, then when we went home, the fault light went out! Great! So give that a try as it won't do any harm!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts