Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my fellow Note owners!

So I have just bought my second car, which is a Nissan Note 2010 1.5 dci N tec.

Very happy with it, what a upgrade from a crappy 2003 Fiesta.

I have just got it 2 days ago, as my second car. The garage I got it from did not have the best reviews, but I decided to take the risk after inspecting the car - I have test drove it and seemed fine but the owner of the garage did mention before my test drive that the spring is broken on the passenger front side and was very noisy when driving. He said it will be fixed before purchase.

I have picked the car up 2 days ago, and it seemed that the noise is no longer there. However I have noticed that when am stationery and I move the steering wheel to left and right, there is clunking like noise coming from the aforementioned side.

My dad who is not more of a car person than myself has told me that the spring just has to "settle in" and it is fine. As well as this, the steering wheel seems slightly off center, as for the wheels to be straight, the wheel has to be turned about 5 degrees anti clockwise.

What do you guys think it could be, is it safe to drive?

I will go to garage to get it fixed in about 2 - 3 weeks when I get paid, as I just forked out £100 on oil change(car said Oil low when bought, was low when checked), filter and brake light change.

Sorry for the lengthier post....

·
Registered
649 Posts
If i were you i would go straight back to the place you bought the car from and demand that they sort it out to your satisfaction.
The car HAS to be fit for purpose and ,by the sounds of it. it isn't. Don't be fobbed off by the garage you have rights, make sure you use them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts