Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had the creaking front suspension problem fixed under warranty? Mine is a 2 year old 1.4 Accenta.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
its becoming a common problem its todo with the top mounts of the front suspention, if its got warrenty get it booked in !!!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Is this due to worn bushes?, as mine doesnt creak it clanks from time to time, but i thought it was just due to the amount of pot holes here in good old east yorkshire?

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
greenplane said:
Is this due to worn bushes?, as mine doesnt creak it clanks from time to time, but i thought it was just due to the amount of pot holes here in good old east yorkshire?
My wife has a worn bush...but it's murder trying to find a big enough shim. She had the cheek to suggest a bigger pushrod...

Edited by: SneakyElephant

·
Registered
10 Posts
1.4 Acenta, 3.5 year old, 43K miles. Front passenger suspension just started creaking, gggrrrhhhh
. Is this updated replacement part the strut top mount(which has the bearing incorporated)?

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
its an alignment problem with the top bearing/bush iirc, drop the strut, grease rubber and reinstall
i havent heard of a replacement part yet

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
The RAV4 (our other car) has the same problem and the field fix is also dismantle and lubricate the top bearing rubber, but only if the customer complains, so take it back to Nissan and complain if you want it sorted

·
Registered
10 Posts
Had another look, with car jacked up. Put a bar under the anti roll bar and there is a creak, from either drop link or bush on bar. Tried same on driver side no noise(although not jacked up)
Tried moving the wheel up and down, no noise from top mount, but can see the pin/nut moving slightly on top of strut(as it should I would think). Going to get a drop link and replace, easy enough job. RU better with buying one from the Nissan stealer or ebay ?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Funnily enough thats the same that my garage said that my anitroll bar bushes have some degree of wear in them and nowt to worry about as yet.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Ebay or Amazon, but be choosy over the supplier. Alternatively why not try a local motor factor, they are the ones who supply the dealers and most will sell to the public or a good corner shop car place, mine can source most things!

·
Registered
109 Posts
i had this problem and eventually it was diagnosed that it was the sleeve that runs through the inner wing where the top mount fastens had become loose inside the inner wing,

"temporary" solution by the garage was to splay the sleeve out so it doesnt move within the wing, that was done last august and so far has not made a sound since,

proper fix includes body shop opening up the inner wing to reweld the sleeve and then closing up the wing again, big bucks for that total fix so i echo the others, if its under warranty get it back for them to solve......

i also had a suspension part replaced which according to Nissan is a "known fault" but as mine was out of the warranty period it was up to me to pay for, including a new brake caliper and the labour it was a total of £490 before i could drive the car without it squeeking, car has since passed its MOT without any problems so im happy that the problem is solved but if it does return im going to get rid of the car, i dont fancy the bill for the proper repair....

like the Note but cant get used to the small boot space after having bigger cars in the past, wifes Almera has a far bigger boot space.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Replaced the drop link, new one from Nissan £31. Another bush was squeaking a bit. No noise at all now. Hopefully this has cured it

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Nice one, though steep in price for one drop link, ebay are 2 for £18.

·
Registered
152 Posts
flash22 said:
its an alignment problem with the top bearing/bush iirc, drop the strut, grease rubber and reinstall
i havent heard of a replacement part yet
Do you have to take the strut off the car to do this or can it be done without removing it?

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
take the wheel off and use a jack to bring the antiroll bar into position for removal/refit, torque to 44Nm or 32 ftlb.

·
Registered
152 Posts
mdvineng said:
take the wheel off and use a jack to bring the antiroll bar into position for removal/refit, torque to 44Nm or 32 ftlb.
i meant do you have to remove the strut to grease (or replace) the bearing and rubber on the top mount?

thanks

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Flash wrote "drop the strut" i.e. lower the suspension strut, you can leave the lower section as is,I was writing about the the drop link removal/replacement.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts