Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is it with the front suspension/shock absprbers and going over speed bumps? Does anybody elses make strangenoises going over them? Mine make a squeeking/squelching noise. My wifes Almera makes no fuss going over any kind of hump so is this normal for the Note or does it sound like a problem with the shocks/suspension. Any suggestions/help much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
its a common problem its todo with the top mounts on the strut i cant remember the cure at the moment

·
Registered
453 Posts
I think my Jane's Micra does the same. I'm going to put some oil on the spring / rubber seat and see if it stops it shh don't tell her.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Hi, try some silicone spray on the rubber bushes etc.

·
Registered
109 Posts
if it is the same issue i had then it will be the top connection to the inner wing,

through the inner wing is a collar which can become loose within the inner wing, the proper repair will include cutting the inner wing open to allow access to the collar for welding,

on mine the fix was done with a copper punch splaying the collar out so it is a tight fit within the inner wing, this was done by my local garage but work up to this point cost me almost 500 quid in other bits replaced trying to solve the squeek,

im from Huddersfield, i can give you the number of the garage i use if you like

·
Registered
6 Posts
I signed up earlier looking for answers to this, going over speed bumps there is a distinct noise from the suspension. Sounds like rubber bushing groaning under load, will deffo take a look this week and try and get to the bottom of it.

20k, hopefully not looking at anything major.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for that info paperman. Don't think i'm going to investigate the problem further at the moment, as it doesn't seem to effect the day to day running of the car, but the telephone number of the garage would be much appreciated in case the problem gets any worse in the future. Cheers.

·
Registered
109 Posts
hi,

garage i used is called Fordtec

tel :- 01484 667977

4 months since fix and no creaks yet,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts