Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone i have a nissan note 2005 E11 i drove it 2 weeks ago to work and parked when i returned from work the next morning it could not start tried cecking physicall checks my mechanic recommended that i replace the spark plugs and the fuel pump which i did but it could not start only cranks,fuel and spark is there,we did a diagnosis for trouble codes and we got p1212 and u1001 so i found an electrician to check and clean all the clogged and dirty cables but still failing to start .what could be the problem any advised or someone who experienced this before?

·
Registered
908 Posts
Error codes, this is what i found --
P1212 - Injector Control Pressure Voltage Not At Expected Level
P1212 Possible Causes
  • Empty/Low Oil Reservoir
  • Faulty Injection Pressure Regulator Valve
  • Injection Pressure Regulator Valve harness is open or shorted
  • Injection Pressure Regulator Valve circuit poor electrical connection
  • Faulty Injection Control Pressure (ICP) Sensor
  • Faulty High-Pressure Oil Pump
Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.

P1212 Meaning
The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) monitors the Injector Control Pressure Voltage. This Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) indicates that there was no Injection Control Pressure (ICP) present during cranking.

U1001 NISSAN - Invalid or Missing Data for Primary Id
U1001 NISSAN Possible Causes
  • Controller Area Network (CAN) communication harness is open or shorted
  • Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
  • Poor harness ground connection.
U1001 NISSAN Meaning
The Controller Area Network (CAN) is a serial communication line for real-time applications. It is an on-vehicle multiplex communication line with high data communication speed and excellent error detection ability. Many electronic control units are equipped onto a vehicle, and each control unit shares information and links with other control units during operation (not independent). In CAN communication, control units are connected with 2 communication lines (CAN H line, CAN L line) allowing a high rate of information transmission with less wiring.
Each control unit transmits/receives data but selectively reads the required data only.
The Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) sets when the Engine Control Module (ECM) is not transmitting or receiving CAN communication signals of OBD (emission-related diagnosis) for 2 seconds or more.

Not sure if any of this will be of help for you, but at least it's a start in tracing the fault.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Error codes, this is what i found --
P1212 - Injector Control Pressure Voltage Not At Expected Level
P1212 Possible Causes
  • Empty/Low Oil Reservoir
  • Faulty Injection Pressure Regulator Valve
  • Injection Pressure Regulator Valve harness is open or shorted
  • Injection Pressure Regulator Valve circuit poor electrical connection
  • Faulty Injection Control Pressure (ICP) Sensor
  • Faulty High-Pressure Oil Pump
Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.

P1212 Meaning
The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) monitors the Injector Control Pressure Voltage. This Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) indicates that there was no Injection Control Pressure (ICP) present during cranking.

U1001 NISSAN - Invalid or Missing Data for Primary Id
U1001 NISSAN Possible Causes
  • Controller Area Network (CAN) communication harness is open or shorted
  • Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
  • Poor harness ground connection.
U1001 NISSAN Meaning
The Controller Area Network (CAN) is a serial communication line for real-time applications. It is an on-vehicle multiplex communication line with high data communication speed and excellent error detection ability. Many electronic control units are equipped onto a vehicle, and each control unit shares information and links with other control units during operation (not independent). In CAN communication, control units are connected with 2 communication lines (CAN H line, CAN L line) allowing a high rate of information transmission with less wiring.
Each control unit transmits/receives data but selectively reads the required data only.
The Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) sets when the Engine Control Module (ECM) is not transmitting or receiving CAN communication signals of OBD (emission-related diagnosis) for 2 seconds or more.

Not sure if any of this will be of help for you, but at least it's a start in tracing the fault.
Thanks for this and we tried the best we can with my electrician we checked all the electricalls and there circuits and replaced what was faulty but still cannot start now i am thinking of replcaing the crankshaft sensor and the camshaft do you recomennt that?

·
Registered
908 Posts
I am no mechanic, i just drive vans for a living.
If you have ruled out the electrical side of things with the CAN and the ECM ground wires, then it may be worth looking at the items you mentioned. But just throwing money at the car and hoping you hit the right component is not really the way to go as you will not know if the actual relaced item was to blame or if you accidentally nudged another component and it made the car work. Car wiring is a minefield and has to be gone through very carefully.Go through things in a methodical way one at a time and you will find the fault.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts