Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Discussion - Just a thought on what practical things you can do if you can't find anyone to run the vehicle for you ?
If any owners do get quarantined on health etc. grounds and can't use their car for a few months, what are the steps they should take ?

Charge up and then disconnect the battery, (negative terminal only ? or both terminals ?)
Pump up tyres
Top off fuel
Leave in gear, chock wheels with handbrake off.

Any other ideas ?

·
Registered
698 Posts
Yes Boris, (good name) all the things you suggest, although i would probably take the battery out of the car just so i could keep an eye on it's charge.
Handbrake off and chocked is a good call, and as Boysie says, if you happen to have a cover it would be a good idea. No bird mess to worry about, or green algae on the window rubbers.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Is there an option?

Hypothetical (maybe) question:

what is the difference, isolation-wise, between isolating at home, and going for a drive, ie staying in the car? Particularly if, when isolating at home you are allowed to say do some gardening/sit out in the sun in a couple of months' time? Or ar we literally to stay behind closed doors?

Going for a drive for two reasons at least - reduce cabin fever, and to give the car a run.

I want to act responsibly, of course, but I also want to be treated responsibly

·
Registered
698 Posts
So long as you were showing no symptoms then i guess a drive remaining in the car would do little harm.
If you were unlucky enough to 'go down' with this virus I'd guess that a trip out wouldn't enter your mind.
Anyone who has experienced flu, and i mean flu, not the common cold, can tell you that you won't want to stand upright let alone drive!

·
Super Moderator
51 Posts
I too would disconnect the battery but make sure you know your radio code in case you need it once your battery is reconnected.

Paul

·
Registered
46 Posts
I say use the car, go for long nice drives in the country, or seaside when the weather gets warmer. There are large parts of the country not affected by this virus and probably won't be. Just imagine... no traffic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts