Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
which coolant should i add in to my nisaan note visia 1.4 5 door hatch back car(2008 model)
pleae let me know if anybody , i am sure you will all know,
any coolant or nisaan coolant any specific
plz let me know

·
Registered
51 Posts
I would also like an answer to this question.

Personally mine is a green/blue colour. However, other people have said straw colour other have quoted a light green.

However, normally in cars after 1998 the coolant should be a red colour. Does this mean nissan have there own type of coolant and if so where can you buy it from? I

·
Registered
238 Posts
If you find the need to add coolant to your vehicle you may have a leak! best get that sorted first. If you arethat worried about the correct coolant, just buy it froma NissanMain Dealer. I doubt that it will break the bank and you will besafe in the knowledge that you have the correct coolant.

·
Registered
51 Posts
But it would be good to know when changing your coolant. I just find it strange that every other car I've worked on since 1998 has red coolant but nissan has blue.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Every coolant has a 'spec' which you should find in yourhandbook, just buy one with the same spec. If you are that worried about getting the correct coolant just get itfrom Nissan, I know that I will get somefrom them later this year when I change my coolant.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
the colour of the coolant is just down to the dye they add, it has nothing to do with it's quality or specification.

·
Registered
238 Posts
coolant/antifreeze has always been available in different colours
Merc's- straw , Ford- red , Vauxhall- pink , Fiat - blue/green, etc etc
As mdvineng said the colour is down to the manufacturer , as with any fluid it's the quality and specification that you must look at first before you buy.Years ago 'Holts' used to make a cheap anti freeze, blue in colour, it was spirit based and you'd be lucky if the stuff lasted the winter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mdvineng said:
the colour of the coolant is just down to the dye they add, it has nothing to do with it's quality or specification.
the spec. in the vehicle book is complicated. and most of the coolant available on-line do not give breakdown of the chemicle.
so please owner with nisaan note visia or any other model of nisaan plz tell me the exact name of coolant plz

·
Registered
31 Posts
Don't mix coolants,as a rough guide blue and green will be compatible as will orange and red,there is far more to it than just a colour of dye,they tend to be oat or ethanol glycol,they do not combine well.

Mike

·
Registered
238 Posts
sweetu said:
mdvineng said:
the spec. in the vehicle book is complicated. and most of the coolant available on-line do not give breakdown of the chemicle.
so please owner with nisaan note visia or any other model of nisaan plz tell me the exact name of coolant plz
Nissan have been very economic with the details of thespecification for the coolant that you can use .Workshop manual say's to use Nissan L250 coolant and that's it. May be if you could get hold of a bottle of the L250 it might have more information on the label, other than that just buy it from Nissan unless you are willing to take a chance on getting the wrong coolant. As I have said when I change my coolant I'll just get it from Nissan for peace of mind.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
sweetu said:
so basically what do i add as coolant in nisaan note visia 1.4 dude
you have had this answered already "Nissan L250"

·
Registered
276 Posts
I just did a search online for L250 but could only find L248, soI asked the seller (a Nissan dealer) what is the difference...

"L250 has been discontinued through Nissan. Its replacement is L248, the only difference is L248 is Premix and L250 was concentrate."<br style="color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13.63636302947998px; line-height: normal;">

So I guess that means that they're now charging us extra for adding water

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
GeorgeP56 said:
I just did a search online for L250 but could only find L248, soI asked the seller (a Nissan dealer) what is the difference...

"L250 has been discontinued through Nissan. Its replacement is L248, the only difference is L248 is Premix and L250 was concentrate."<br style="line-height: normal; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13.63px;">

So I guess that means that they're now charging us extra for adding water

SHOCKED
NOT

·
Registered
128 Posts
I am using Autochem red antifreeze from GSF car parts. I had no idea what was in the system when I got the car so I flushed the coolant system out and added the new coolant. 6 months later there have been no problems and the fluid is still a nice clean red colour. The red fluid should last 5 years with blue fluid lasting 2 years.

As long as the system is properly flushed then any antifreeze will be fine unless the fluid manufacturer has given restrictions as to its use.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I got my coolant from Renault cost 3.50+vat so it's not the most expensive stuff in the world ps think this was trade price.

·
Registered
276 Posts
The 'premixed' Nissan L248 that I asked the ebay seller (a Nissan dealer) about was over £21 (including delivery) for 5 litres.

It would be interesting to hear if anyone has the current over-the-counter price from Nissan.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts