Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Samsung Galaxy SII, the phone had been working fine via the Bluetooth system until two months ago, the contacts which are saved no longer appear as the name they are saved under. Only the phone number appears.
I can go into the phone book, and make outgoing calls by choosing a contact name.
I have deleted contacts and re-entered them both manually and via Bluetooth but it hasn't resolved the problem.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
What appears on the 'phone on an incoming call?

Have you downloaded both the 'phone and SIM contacts?

Bluetooth is a really simple protocol, so I would expect a 'phone not sending data' issue rather than any problem with Connect.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello,

I have encountered a similar issue with my Android phone.
I had to change phone number to the international format "00[country code]phone number" (ie, for France "0033xxxxxxxxx") then upload again the contact list to the Connect.
Now, the contact name is displayed on the Connect in case of incomming call.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Aha, now clearer.

The incoming number sent by the phone to connect is 00123456 but the phone has only 123456 stored as the contact number (or vice-versa).

If the lead digits are not transmitted there is a 'lookup' error, Bluetooth cannot cater for digit translation, so only the number rather than the contact name, is displayed.
Edited by: Nigel B

1 - 4 of 4 Posts