Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi I’m new here and considering the 1.2 DiGs automatic 2014 model but worried the gear box. Is it reliable and good on steep hills?I also need a soft to firm seat. Found a Jazz seat to hard.I have painful hips so this has to right. Thank you.

·
Registered
149 Posts
We had a 2015 DIG-S but it was a manual. Never tried an auto but since they use a dreadful CVT made of cheese I would not wish to.

The manual performs fine providing you leave it in normal mode. If you use ECO it turns a decent car into a pointless slug, we called it SHITE mode.

Dad had a Jazz and the seats were truly dreadful, it was his only reason for selling it. Replaced it with a Micra which like the Note had very good seats, must be a Nissan thing.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Mrs B has done about 10000 miles in her 2016 1.2 auto, and enjoyed every mile. The gearbox is reputed to start failing at around 30k miles, but I’ve not spoken to anyone who has experienced this first hand, only anecdotal comments.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Mrs B has done about 10000 miles in her 2016 1.2 auto, and enjoyed every mile. The gearbox is reputed to start failing at around 30k miles, but I’ve not spoken to anyone who has experienced this first hand, only anecdotal comments.
I have never spoken to a Note owner who has had issues but there again I have never spoken to another Note owner.

There has been plenty of comments on here and other sites about the reliability of the box but one comment made by several has been that the box is not designed to be repaired, once it fails its a new or good (hopefully) used unit.

Old school CVT's are generally a marmite box at best, you either hate them or you love them. I drove a CVT Jazz my dad considered buying and it was dreadful as was the CVT box in a Toyota Auris. However, I test drove a Corolla CVT recently and they have made huge improvements, that is a box I could live with, shame about the rest of the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts