Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people, i looked at some other posts on the site about the ECU and connection type, but couldnt really find anything. Does anyone know what type it uses. It is a normal OBD II connection, cos looking on ebay this comes up :http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NISSAN-MALE-OBD-TO-OBD-2-14PIN-TO-16PIN-CODE-READER-DIAGNOSTIC-SCANNER-CABLE-Z49-/170904098587?pt=UK_Diagnostic_Tools_Equipment&hash=item27caad971b&_uhb=1
just a bit confused about whether i need that along with:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bluetooth-OBD2-OBDII-Car-Diagnostic-Interface-Scan-Tool-/251173731118?pt=UK_Diagnostic_Tools_Equipment&hash=item3a7b1efb2e&_uhb=1
as im planning to get torque pro to view info about the car does anyone know if i can just get the bluetooth adapter??
Edited by: Aidsy1

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
The note has the standard 16 pin OBDII port under the drivers side lower dash panel.(at least mine does
)

I have one of those Autel Maxiscan MS 309 copies that are about £20 on eBay (might actually be genuine, would make it the exception on eBay though

I also have a couple of the ELM327 clones like the unit you picture (for making very good connection of the ecu function for reset the eml by read back efficiently of codes)

Work about as well as you expect for the money.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok thanks. Have ordered and will just have to live with it ^^

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Don't waste money on software, the good stuff checks for a genuine ELM327 and just won't run with the clones. Make sure there is a trial version to test it out first.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok thanks :), I have managed to find a different version that will let me check

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
most of the ebay elm interfaces come with a mini cd with "software"
one thing to note some of the elm interfacesare notdetected by windows/software untill you plug it in to the obd2 port

if you want a decent interface that dont cost a fortune try gendan

·
Registered
46 Posts
Aidsy1
How did you get on with this ?

Are you using windows/ android / iOS ?

I'm looking for iOS type

Cheers

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
no the obd2 interface is bluetooth and you pair it with your device (the interface has a fixed pass code)
the connect isnt app based so you would be able to do anything with it if you did manage to pair it up

i may be old fashoned but i like a lead with a plug on it atleast if you do have issues, bluetooth isnt one of them.

KiSS is the way to go.......

Keep
It
Simple
Stupid

Edited by: flash22

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah i got it to work. i'm using Android im afraid, i dont know about any iOs version. the only problem is that i think i need some extended PIDs to get all the functions of it working. although i dont know where to find them :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I used a scan tool on android and had back these results from a full scan (a normal scan wouldnt pick up any more PIDs)

Command: 2206fd response:OK<br style="color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal;">Command: 2206fe response:OK<br style="color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal;">Command: 2206ff response:OK<br style="color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal;">Scanning finished

Any idea what these PIDs (if they are PIDs) are for? or am i just going to have to trial and error with torque?

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
doesnt a pid code relate to a obd 2 p-code ? p2206 -NOx sensor (very rusty with pids and p-codes as i havent used them for a while)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It relates to a monitor that the ecu can read. I have put them into torque. But they have no names at the moment cos I have no idea what they are for xD

1 - 14 of 14 Posts