Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
started the car this evening and the connect had a message that an update is available and to contact my dealer, how does it know? does the connect communicate with nissan some how?

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Mine came up with the same message about 9 months ago, but I couldn't be bothered to investigate further as there was nothing online about an SD upgrade for the Connect. The thing hasn't mentioned it again, so I don't know if it's just shy or what...

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
its a built in timer to get you to upgrade the map - theres no firmware upgrades bult in to the map card either

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i wont bother with the updated maps yet, dont really use the sat nav much anyway.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Does anyone know when Nissan do update the maps? The reason I want to know is that the dealer who I bought the car from in March agreed to supply an updated SD card as part of the deal when it became available.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Mine had the latest SD when I bought it, according to the info on the little bag it came in. The salesman took great pains to point this out when he fitted it back in 2010...that's why I wasn't too bothered about the update. It seems reasonably up to date too, as there have been no problems with bad addresses etc so far, unlike some of the comments I have read on other sites regarding outdated maps on the Connect.They all seem to concern pre-2009 Notes anyway.
Edited by: SneakyElephant

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks for that information Nigel, I will now contact the dealer, who by the way said they would let me know as soon as it was released - no surprises there then.
It sure is expensive, but hey ho, I'm not paying for it, otherwise I wouldn't buy it that's for sure. Thanks once again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
to be honest ebay is your friend on getting the latest sd card update mine cost £15 for a genuine 2011/12 and then i sold my old one for £20 on there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts