Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a Connect fitted by the eBay guy, and it is great, except the position icon is about 30 feet behind where the car actually is.

Now a standard GPS is only accurate to about 25 feet anyway, but I'd expect random errors, not always behind the true position.

A quick perusal of the AVmanual says

Drive the vehicle for a while [at approximately
30 km/h (19 MPH) for about 30 minutes] to
automatically correct the vehicle icon position.

If this has to be in one go, it will never happen, but it must have clocked enough miles by now to put it right.

I called up the service menu

(engine running)
Audio OFF > hold SETUP in > rotate right knob 3 left, twist right twist left

and it is set to 8 pulse speed.

I have an idea that I read somewhere it should be 2 pulse in a Note, so if I'm doing 20, the connect thinks I'm doing 5mph- will this put the icon behind or in front? Maybe there is a limit to the correction it can learn and I've reached it.

The steering remote works correctly, I have 1 button for 'phone, which answers and hangs up calls

I believe X11E is correct for a Note

It can certainly get a 3d fix, there should be enough satellites in view for an accurate position.

Can someone check what the speed pulse is set to on a factory fitted unit, or a retrofit where the position icon is correct please?

EDIT:

Don't change anything in the service menus!

Only press the back key in the menus

Edited by: mnl

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
you cant change anything in the service menu - also check the direction in the service menu if its going in reverse it will screw the sat nav

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
it should be 2pr on the speed pulse
also check the direction in system status - running system status

i would check the wiring pins 21 to 24 are EQ 1 - 4 this configs the system by grounding these pins to suit the car its installed in

the note only needs eq 1 (pin 21)grounded i have spare pins if needed the EQ lines need a clean ground dont tap intoa another wire

edit. the wheel controlls are correct

Edited by: flash22

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is going forwards in the menu, Looks like it is screwdriver time then, to find which eq pins are grounded.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The adaptor lead for the mic is likely the wrong one, the part number is 24036BG00A.

The original mic lead from the car is
yellow goes to connect pin 34 mic signal
brown goes to connect pin 36 ground
green goes to connect pin 35 vcc

There is a black lead from the car that is not connected

At the connect end, pins 21 & 22 have black wires that are not connecting to anything at the original harness, but go through an insulator, feels like there is a component inside, but it is resisting my scalpel, I'll go and get a new blade.
pin 25 (reverse) has a yellow wire that is floating

Based on what you say, the plan is to splice into the pin 21 wire, and ground it to the connect chassis

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
New blade sorted, it isn't a component, it is a joint between connect pins 21&22. looks to me as if the unconnected black wire at the mic harness should have matched this wire and therefore grounded pins 21 & 22.
Cutting pin 21 separate and grounding it now.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That worked

Thanks Flash22

Speed pulses sorted, and it seems to have an equaliser profile set now, I wonder what difference that makes?

The reverse signal is not wired, selecting reverse doesn't change the direction status.

What does grounding eq2 as well as eq1 do?

Edited by: mnl

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can now report that there is no difference whatsoever.
After 500 miles of commuting the junctions are about 50 feet out, and I can't hear any difference from the equaliser.

Next time I go through an Alpine tunnel I'll see if the dead reckoning navigation is working

1 - 8 of 8 Posts