Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed that when not navigating a specific journey, just displaying your current route, the map displays street names with a tick next to them. What's the tick for?

·
Super Moderator
2,014 Posts
Perhaps the sat nav is checking it's own route, and is ticking off the streets as it passes them.

But what do I know, I don't have sat nav.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
never seen this but i rarely use the nav just for the maps

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Never seen on mineit but will definitely look closer next time.

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
i get that too but still have no idea what they mean ??

·
Registered
13 Posts
i,m not sure it can be as simple as roads you can drive down, i've just got back from France and noticed the ticks for the first time, some roads that were no more than a cart track leading to a farm had ticks were as most major roads were tickless.

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
ok i found the answer to this :

<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">
<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">My understanding is that the tick simply shows which street on the map relates to the named street. So for example, if a map of the town includes the words "High Street", it can sometimes be difficult to know which specific street is High Street, i.e. is it above, below, to the left or to the right of the written word ? The tick is therefore simply a visual indicator to show which street is actually High Street.
<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">
<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">To check this, you should find that all the ticks are beside a named street on your map, and that the number and position of them will change as you drive around and as the zoom level on the map changes.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've been keeping an eye on the 'ticks/street names' for a few days now and they seem to be completely random. They turn up on unplanned routes, planned routes and even when you've gone off the given directions.

They're not alternative available routes as dead-end streets often appear ticked, and they even show up on uniquely named streets that have no match in the surrounding area, and streets well away from any others.

So, a mystery

1 - 11 of 11 Posts