4,708 Posts
Press Previous DestinationsPress the one you want to delete
Press the delete button

Simples! (Took me ages to find it when I first tried
)

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
EBay - around £40 for a 2011 one BIN or as low as £10 in auction; just make sure they are for the Micra/Note and not the Pathfinder which IIRC is slightly different.

The 2012/13 ones go for about £70 which is still around half the main dealer price.

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
No worries.
Remember, one and all, that if you drive in France from Saturday next that notification of speed cameras MUST be disabled. They can levy a ‚¬1500 ,on the spot' fine and/or impound the vehicle if your vehicle has a device that alerts you to speed cameras.

Easiest way is don't use your SatNav (just take the SD card out) or use a seperate TomTom with 'danger zone' warnings.

Edited by: Nigel B

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thats an interesting piece of information, sneeky these frenchies bet not many people know that, if i go will use my Tom Tom and turn the alert off.

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
The key point is that the fine is 'on the spot' and they don't take debit/credit cards!

The other great ruse (although I do have some sympathy) is that should you drive with snow on your roof it's a ‚¬105 fine.

Thirdly don't forget your three breathalysers when driving. You are meant to carry one but if you are stopped and they test you (using your breathalyser) you are not allowed to proceed without a working one in the car.

Addthem to the mandatory high-vis jacket(s), spare bulb set and warning triangle!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Re speed alerts in France, I have downloaded camera alerts from Navteq (paid for subscription). The web site states that loading this update would delete any French alerts already on the system. This would solve the problem.
Peter.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
You didn't mention the other French ruses for making your life difficult... from 15/3/2012 all cars must carry 500 grams of Brie in the glovebox and a string of onions festooned from the rear view mirror...failure to comply will result in IMPRISONMENT ON DEVIL'S ISLAND! (true)

Edited by: SneakyElephant

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Where the hell is Sneaky going to get an 'Onion Johnny' jumper to fit?

·
Registered
238 Posts
May be his wife will knit him one for christmas

·
Registered
11 Posts
Someone is pulling our leg! checked the French Justice Ministry in question box posed the question about Brie & Onions according to their site Real onions can be substituted to Pkt of French onion soup(in powder form)but must be carried in glove box !but it says a pkt of Petit Pans(but one for each passenger)must also be carried in case of breaking down so they have something to spread the Brie onto and do not get hungry .

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
It's the mandatory licking ofa snail while driving that causes me problems.

I bet the French Notes (are the bigger engine ones called French letters?) have a snail holder.

·
Super Moderator
2,014 Posts
I've never had the 'joy' of driving in France. The nearest I got, was flushing the loo in a Boeing 737 in their airspace.

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
It's a cracking country to drive in actually, twice the size of the UK with about the same number of vehicles.
Just avoid the Periphique in Paris which makes the jams on the M25 look like minor delays and the first weekend in August where the cities empty 'en masse' for the coast and when the driving goes mental in the rush.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts