Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving through the wilds of north east London this morning on my way to an address in Walthamstow.
All going well with the voice guidance until I encountered something that I have never experienced before with a SatNav. Lost in unfamiliar surroundings what you don't want to hear is "From this location, no route guidance is available" repeated three times. I was on the ruddy A10 not a road in rural Wales.

Out with the back-up (an A-Z) and followed 'my nose'. Half a mile down the road the ruddy voice told me to turn left and proceeded to guide me on the rest of the route.

Any else had this 'helpful' announcement?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Never had that myself. I wonder if your GPS had somehow lost its 'fix'? It seems much more likely that your system had lost its location rather than a lack of navigation data. Mind you it must get *%?#*&$ hot under the dash in weather like this!

I might just test it out sometime by putting a piece of steel sheet over the top of the GPS antenna

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
usually a gps fix problem if there are large buildings it can happen, also it gets confused if road layout has changed as it thinks your offroading

just an idea with this hot weather and clear skys is could well be a solar flare or a sunspot what can have affects on RF signals
Edited by: flash22

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't want that again especially when you are approaching a five-way junction!
It's never missed a beat before including finding some really obscure locations in Wales and Suffolk.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hmm, have to say I'm note impressed with the connect SatNav. We upgraded ours to the latest version and found it was way out of date - insisted that there was a roundabout on the A1M from York to join the M1 south when the slip road had been there for yonks.Also although the road layout has been in existence for over a year, it still insists I turn left out of my road when I can actually turn right.
There have beeen several other glaring errors which have annoyed us..
And what's with this " the route has been recalculated taking into account traffic disruptions" ( or words to that effect) - it doesn't give an alternative route, but merrily lets us tag onto the tail end of the traffic disruption!
At £140 for the new card, this really isn't good enough.

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does anyone really pay £140 for the update SD card?
If so, I'd like to talk to them about a nice little bridge over the Thames that I am selling

No complaints about the Connect SatNav, save for this morning, it routinely diverts me around traffic congestion. Wondered where the hell it was sending me when it first did it but it took me on a 'rural tour' avoiding a massive tailback on the M4.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts