Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after some head scratching and getting hold of some more info, and working out a members post that was translated by google,i have found out how to get rid of them guide lines off the rear viewcamera,I couldnt belive how simple it is.
yet to confirm it 100% but will in the next few days

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bit peaved this moaning to find out all the connect info has been around for 2-3 years, atleast i worked it out myself
got some pins on order so should have them next week some time

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pins are due to come in the post any day soon, while waiting i decied to make a breakout box what also gives me a switch to turnthe screenon/off, left about 2 meters of cable so i can tape it up to the loom out the way and still be able to to move it about when i need to and i can cut it to lenght and wire up with ease
The reason for 2 leds (one in the switch and one in the case) is simple i managed to buy a duff switch (no led in it),Ihad another switchin my spares box so used that instead
Any questionsplease ask, Anycomments welcomed

Should of taken a bit more time to tidy up the wiring and heat shrink tbh

Edited by: flash22

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just done all the pin outs for the camera on the connect

PIN No. DESC

21 Ground of some type relating to the mic
25 Reverse Signal (pre wired on my 59 plate auto) 0v norm - 12v in reverse

34 Mic signal
35 Mic Ve+
36 Mic shield/ground

41 Camera Signal
42 Camera Shield/ground

Still got my pins with pigtails on order part No. J-48817-218 there pins are designed for this plug series only

From what i can work out the EQ4 on pin 24 activates the parking guide lines on the displaywhen grounded

Edited by: flash22

·
Registered
50 Posts
If pin 24 (EQ4) used, what is the purposeof pins 22 (EQ2)and 23 (EQ3) ?

For pin 21 (EQ1) - this can be a "switch" forsubwoofer in some models.

Pins 41 & 42 is for Video (41+ground is for camera image signal and 42 is Shield)

Pin 43 is for camera power (43+ground) (6 volts !!!) when activated by power-on on pin 25

Pin 44 is camera ground

I find this in one of service manuals in AV section for audio with navi

You can look here:

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have all this info now, by the way what manual is this information above from ?? can you sent me the file ?
I have now sourced the mic plug (TH24FW-NH)for the connect and also have spare pins for these plugs

The connect system does infact autodetect inputs, as for the EQ1-4 i will investigate this further all the eq lines go to ground/earth so must activate some system/configuration perhaps is configs the connect to what ever car its installed into

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi Flash22!
I try to find a "right" source for this page (this page is not from my "collection")
I have now some FSM for different cars with installed SatNav Connect. My time is limited for this job, but I try to compare connection of SatNav using this info. I use Juke, Rouge (american QQ) and some other, unfortunately, partial and unidentified (find surfing Internet)
Early I ask you (if you have) send me a NOTE FSM of years 2009-2011 - any news?
Grounding for enable/disable somethig inside device is simple and safe in car electronic. I think thatpins EQ1-4 is a configuration switch and an option selector (and this not depend of car model), so we can prepare config and options simple using wires in car. Hope you remember digiClock on instrumental panel - in some NOTE models they active from factory, on some - not, Cutting the grounded wire solve the problem!

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have played with the connect the eq1-4 configures the connect system to the car ie. juke, note, qashqai andmicra when grounded but it may have more options with different combinations of eq being grounded
pin 21 configures the connect system for the note and puts the equiliser and steering wheel controls into X11X modeand speed pulse to 2

pin24 configures the connect system for the juke and puts theequiliser and steeringwheel controls intoX12C Mode and speed pulse to 8

the other inputs like the camera are auto detected by the connect system, The connect also has front left and right (left and right with a shared ground), and rear left and right (left and right with a shared ground), line level pre outs these are low voltage 0.5-1v and are designed for the oem bose amplifier the same as whats installed with the premium connect

i didnt go any futher as i was running out of time, im waiting for a fault connect to come up cheap so i can take it apart

the above pinout you posted are for the 08 onwards standard stereo and not the connect, eq 1 is standard setup and eq 2 activates the usb !! the ful piouts are in the juke esm

·
Registered
3 Posts
Flash22 I know this is a few years old,but did you get camera to work? If i feed a video signal into pins 41,42 will it autodetect and display on screen when reverse is selected? Also did you figure out removing the guide lines?

Thanks.

Jeffc

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nope if you search the forum you will find that it's limited by both the firmware on the main board and the display firmware (loads of posts on the connect if you use the search)
in short only the QQ/juke unit has the correct firmware for video input and for the costs involved it cheaper to go the aftermarket stereoroute

this is a very early thread before I got hands on with the connect in any great depth

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.