Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry guys - yet more questions about the connect unit

I've downloaded the "2011-Nissan-Low-Cost-Navi.pdf" Users Manual but I'm still struggling with a few basics.

Today I was out in the car and realised that I'd become rather obsessed with playing with the connect at every opportunity (radio-mp3-map-nav...) so I thought I'd just turn it off.

Errm .. how do you turn it off? What I originally thought was the 'power' button simply mutes the audio!

Eventually after much fiddling something made me try holding the top-left 'brightness' button and yippee - the screen switched to displaying the clock .. PERFECT!

But.. I stopped for petrol and when I started the car again the #£%$&* map screen appeared again .. not only that but I have to accept the safety warning every time.

So ...

1) Surely there is a way of NOT having the connect go to radio, map or navigation every time I turn on the ignition? I really just want it to display the clock unless I choose to "turn it on" for music or maps etc.

2) Can I stop it asking me to [Accept] the safety advice *every* time it starts up on the map screen? I've previously been used to a TomTom "Go" which has a similar warning but it is only displayed once when you either update the map or have the internal battery go completely flat

I still don't (yet) have the top white connector fitted (so no microphone and it doesn't know it's fitted into a Note) but I don't see that changing the basic operation.

Thanks in anticipation!
George

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
1. no its on all the time when you turn the car off then back on again it goes back to what it was doing last

2.no its a safety "feature" - pita

3.top white plug doesn't do much but without the eq line (pin 21-24) the connect does not configure the eq to the note's cabin space and it just uses a baseline setup - tbh to the average joe it doesn't make much difference but if your into audio the eq balances out the system

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
There is no 'OFF' button (something I found after much swearing!)

Like you, I would like it to 'default' to the clock, but you can't. It's audio or nav on start up.

No, you have to accept the safety warning every time it starts up the navigation system (ditto)

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1) Oh poo .. I'll just have to get used to it.

2) Oh poo .. I'll just have to get used to it.

3) I've tweaked the bass and treble a bit already but I'll hopefully be getting the wiring sorted properly soon .. if the temperature ever goes above zero again

Thanks Flash

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
its about 6º down here in the south east (kent) and the sun has come out rather nice for a change

I have the bass set to about 2-3, treble around 1-2 and its faded 3/4 to the front to bring the soundstage forward (as you don't drive from the back seat do you)

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Almost identical settings to me flash, he says basking in a 'sweltering 3 degrees' here in west London -phew what a scorcher!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts