Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would appreciate some assistance with the hands-free unit built in to the Nissan Connect. Up to now I had always had cars without a built in GPS etc. and therefore used a Parrot for all bluetooth and hands-free communication.The hands-free unit works OK but its quality is absolute rubbish compared to the Parrot. I assume that I have missed something as I can't imaging that the Nissan engineers would be happy with telephone calls that sounded like there was a party going on in the background, (not always in the background).
Any tips to improve the quality - where is the microphone ?

Thanks in advance

Richard

·
Registered
46 Posts
Aye up,
The mic is just below the rearview mirror, small hole ? I dont have a problem with mine, thats with an iphone4s,

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
No problems here either with my old Nokia, my daughter's Galaxy-thingy and my son's iPhone 4S.

Mine's crystal clear. Do you have a loose connection perhaps?

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
there are know issues with htc phones over bluetooth, as above ive had no issues with my galaxy ace

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is there any provision for setting the sensitivity of the microphone to increase the volume to the person listening ?

·
Registered
276 Posts
I don't have the connect - just the standard bluetooth-enabled cd/radio - but have no problems at all with two HTC Desire phones. I do seem to remember seeing a list of "approved" phones for the connect though?Does the problem only occur with one mobile? Can you try a different phone?

·
Registered
53 Posts
My old 'just a phone' Nokia works fine in my new 1.5 n-tec, crystal clear. I had Parrots in my last two works cars and tbh they were a pain in the neck.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Still wrestling with this problem. I'm using an Android phone which pairs easily with the Connect, but the sound level from the micto the incoming caller is far too low. The other more major problem is that the paired connection gets dropped every few days. The only solution is to delete the pairing and re-establish the connection from scratch.
Is there any way of changing the microhone sensitivity (volume) ?

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
you shouldn't need to delete the pairing, it could be your Bluetooth settings that need a change?

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
depending on phone go into bluetooth settings and see what's available to change that's relevant to the pairing. I've had two phones (both non apple)and only needed to pair once, one needed a prompt to connect each time the other S3mini does faultlessly every time I get into the car.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Since my last post in this thread I now *DO* have a Connect, but I still haven't had any problems - I paired both our phones once just after I fitted the Connect and all has been fine ever since, with no lost pairings, dropped connections nor audio problems.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
On the s3 mini there are audio connection settings that can only be adjusted whilst an active paired connection is on-going but as I don't have a connect system I've no idea about it's settings for the mic, Flash22 should know though as he has played this unit somewhat extensively.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Just a thought - is the Connect an original factory fitted one?
As I understand it there are 2 different types of microphones and if someone has fitted a Connect unit to an early car and hasn't fitted the corresponding (powered) microphone then this will give poor audio as the mocrophone isn't sensitive enough.

Alternatively it is worth checking that the microphone connectors are mated correctly - pop the microphone housing out of the headlining and check the connector just behind, and also remove the connect housing & top cubby box (lots of instructions in other threads on here) and again check that all the connectors are mated properly.

Oh - andDONT pull the power connector unless you're sure you have the code handy!

George

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The connect is an original Nissan install. I have sadly come to the conclusion that the phone, Medion Life P4310, is not compatible with the connect. It pairs fine, downloads the contacts fine, but will then lose communication during the next few days or weeks. Record is 3 weeks up to now.

Richard

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
A lot of Bluetooth issues with phones can be sorted out with a phone firmware upgrade

·
Registered
276 Posts
I can only comment that the odd 'Medion' branded items that I've bought (none of them phones BTW) have never performed particularly well

1 - 20 of 20 Posts