Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just got my Connect installed, and though I still need to add the upper white connector for the mic etc. everything seems to be working OK.

One problem though - I can't seem to get into the hidden setup menu. From what I've read on here the sequence is:Hold 'SETUP', then turn the right-hand knob 3 clicks left, then 6 clicks right, then 3 clicks left, although another post I've read says 3-left, right, left ??

I've tried this countless times but nothing happens (apart from the screen showing the normal 'setup' buttons in response to pressing (and holding) setup).

Is there something I've missed? Do I need to have the engine running? Or something specific on the display when I start? Do I need to have the top large white connector fitted (with the link to ground to tell the unit that it's fitted into a Note)?I've already done a 'factory reset' just after I installed.

Any suggestions anyone?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Answering my own question - having watched a video on YouTube I'm now in!!

It seems I was perhaps being too careful counting the clicks left and right, because holding down 'setup' then and doing a quarter-turn left, half-turn right and quarter-turn back left and there is the menu!!

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
ah thay must of changed the knob lol

ive gone into that menu so many times I just spin it left right left

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
flash22 said:
I just spin it left right left

That seems to be the way to do it - seemingly the more careful you are the less likely it is to go in

I reckon that carefully counting the clicks meant I wasn't turning it far enough.

·
Registered
37 Posts
And might one ask what features are accessed by the hidden setup menu?This is not mentioned in the (full) printed Connect manual.
Many thanks!

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
it shows you all the tech info and tells you if everything is working it also allows you to run sound + screen tests and calibrate the screen to name a few things

1 - 7 of 7 Posts