Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, sorry if this has already been discussed but I didn't find it anywhere.
My note 2015 has a Connect 2 fitted which has the SD card slot top right without a cover and the lower left and right flat buttons are sloped at the bottom. I looked at the SD card to consider updating and found it is 25920 4EA0C which is for Connect 3. It works fine. I then went into the hidden config set up menu of the unit (hold set up button and at the same time rotate the lower right knob 90° anticlockwise and 90° clockwise). The unit has hardware 034 and software D302 which is also Connect 3.
I did some more research and found on a Russian website of all places www.fpro.aaanet.ru>map-vers that some Nissans after 2015 are fitted with a Connect 2 unit which is really a Connect 3! I have seen this is apparently also the case for some Pulsars and have seen it mentioned on a GPS forum.
Has anyone else seen this because it can help when choosing the right SD card from fleabay or wherever?

·
Registered
676 Posts
If you have confirmed that the unit is a connects 3 then i wouldn't worry.
You know the sd card for a connects 3 works and the unit itself reports that it's a connects 3 so stick with it.
I have not heard of this prior to your post,maybe some other members have and can confirm your findings ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. If you search Sat Nav in pulsarforums.co.uk there is a post from 2016 by CTBull who says the same. I think I will write to Nissan as well to try to confirm it. I'm not worried about it but it does make things confusing when trying to find info!

·
Registered
676 Posts
It seems that owning a note is a confusing thing lol.
Many parts for the car have at least two or three variants and finding the right one is a bit of an issue sometimes.

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
Thanks. If you search Sat Nav in pulsarforums.co.uk there is a post from 2016 by CTBull who says the same. I think I will write to Nissan as well to try to confirm it. I'm not worried about it but it does make things confusing when trying to find info!

Good luck with getting any reponse to that!

There is a post (use forum search) that lists all of the SD card part numbers and also tells you how to decipher the nomenclature.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi, just a quick update. I have purchase a connect 3 SD card from ebay uk and it works fine. Maybe it's only mainland Europe models that have the connect 3 runnings inside a connect 2 unit? Anyway my maps are now post-prehistoric!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts