Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Grandmothers and eggs and all that, but some of us still treat modern vehicles as if they were properly built out of thick metal and the like

If the door is frozen shut, DO NOT just pull the handle harder to open it, as the pathetic plastic handle will simply snap off, embrittled by the cold.

Use the handle to release the lock and apply a little strain, and the other hand to prise the door open from the edge.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Sound advice Martin, they don't build 'em like they used to, that's for sure.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I park on a slant and find the near side is never frozen so its much easier to get in from that side. By the way what's the Note like to drive in the snow, an old Micra we had once was great, are the Notes as good?

Izzy

·
Registered
103 Posts
A
Government Warning has said that anyone travelling tomorrow should take a
shovel, blanket, extra clothing, food and water, de-icer, rock salt, torch with
spare batteries, tow rope and a first aid kit with them.
I'm going to look a right
plonker on the bus in the morning!

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I managed to snap the handle off a Rover 820

However, I also ripped most of the sealing rubber off my old Landrover, only the drivers door unlocked, and I had no choice but to haul it open.

No idea what the note is like in the snow, I'm driving the RAV4 this week

A heater that heats
Wipers that wipe when I want
Lights that light when I want,
No condensation on the inside
No fan belt squeaking

Luxury

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
oh yes, no snow here................. yet, what we did have turned to water/rain in 5 mins the other day.
it was -5º last night
thoEdited by: flash22

·
Registered
46 Posts
I spray a bit of WD40 round the door where the seal touches, not too much, door opens ok.
-5 ? it was -11 on Wed morning inbetween Stokesley and M'boro ( up north ) I had to put me coat on

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
saladfingers said:
I spray a bit of WD40 round the door where the seal touches, not too much, door opens ok.
-5 ? it was -11 on Wed morning inbetween Stokesley and M'boro ( up north ) I had to put me coat on
If the seal touches...cut his flippers off

·
Registered
46 Posts
SneakyElephant said:
saladfingers said:
If the seal touches...cut his flippers off
I'd take it clubbing

1 - 9 of 9 Posts