Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,I have a Jap import 2005 Note. Starting the engine when cold with outside temp around 15deg C, the engine revs to around 2500rpm for about a second and then drops to 1500rpm briefly and then down lower as it warms up. This initial high rev sounds too high. Is it normal Notes?

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
My 1.6 auto briefly hits around 2000rpm then drops to around 1200 and lower again as it warms up if that helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, that is a help - it at least tells me I've got a problem and that my Note's condition is not normal as it is in the 2500 - 3000rpm range. Anyone standing in the vicinity will do a double take. Will let you know when I figure it out. Apart from that, it is in mint condition and I'm very happy with it. Thanks for useful info: spark plug replacement, owner's manual and info on audio system all found in forum - all being used/downloaded successfully and of great help.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
before you think it's a fault, it may be that Jap ecu settings are different for emission reasons!and if yours is a 1.4 ltr it may be different to a 1.6ltr anyway,so best do some internet research first before spending money.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts