Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have owned a Nissan Note Tekna, 2007, 1.5 diesel since 26th November 2012, through a Nissan dealer, so comes with a 12 month Nissan Warranty - just as well!! In December headlamp went off, January heard front drivers side spring go, took to garage, covered by warranty and other headlamp needed replacing, February off side rear spring went, covered under warranty, but advised one of the tyres was below minimum, so replaced. June tapping noise on front passenger side when going over bumps, unsure what this could be - surely not another spring. Today took to garage and advised that the tapping noise was the passenger front spring had snapped, covered under warranty (again), but front brake pads and disc were below acceptable level and needed replacing - done.I had a Citroen C8 for 5 years, which is a heavy car and not once did I have a problem with the springs or suspension at all! (would add that the brakes were cheaper to replace on the C8). Is there a problem with the springs on the Note? Has there been a recall that my dealers don't know about?

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Do a forum search for 'springs' and sadly it is more common than one would expect.

Glad you got yours sorted under warranty.
Edited by: Nigel B

·
Registered
276 Posts
I think it's more a reflection of the state of our roads than of a particular problem with the Note.

Several times a week I pick up pieces of road spring from along our road, and while (so far) my Note hasn't suffered any broken springs, my wife's Citroen C3 has had 3 springs replaced so. far this year (our local garage says that replacing springs is pretty much their 'bread and butter' now), and a few years ago now we had the dubious pleasure of returning to Derbyshire from South Devon by recovery truck after a front spring broke, shredded the tyre and took the brake pipe and abs sensor wiring with it!!

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
This is down to cost saving if the dealers would do a axlepair of springs instead of 1 side
if you snap a spring in puts stress on thegood side (1)replace the broken springon side (2)and it leaves the spring (1) stressed and weak - hence its more likely to break

I learnt to always do the shocks and/or spring as an axle pair as it saves time and makes the car handle as it should don't forget after 500-1000 miles to check the bolts and get the tracking done

It seems if the top mounts arnt lubed or the strut is put back correctly you end up with strange noises on the note

1 - 4 of 4 Posts