Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. The clutch on my note (for a while now) judders. I have read the other posts about this, but my car has done 130,000 (yes one hundred and thirty thousand) miles, still on the first clutch. Along with the clutch judder, i have been getting times when the power from the engine just seems to stop for a second or two, and then carries on as if nothing happened. My question therefore is, what the hell is going on ^^, do i need a new clutch, and if i do, can it done by myself. Really starting to getannoying now as it has been doing it for about 5/6 months on and off.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Aidsy1 I don't know about the clutch but 130, 000 miles is some going & may be worth replacing.My wifes is the auto. Can you adjust clutches, I think on some motors you can adjust the cable.
Have a look at the entry on the fuel system cleaner BG44K, may be worth a try but I'd contact the supplier/manufacturer to see if they think it will be ok on a high mile motor. This stuff cleans the fuel system, injectors and is saidto get rid of carbon deposits & stuff.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
a lot of clutch judder on modern cars is down to the fact there heavly sintered and made from a harder organic compound the same as brake pads are now
imo its more that likely the pressure plate is getting a tad weak at 130K miles and no doubt your left leg is toolol

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bobbybingo its the diesel. And what exactly does that mean flash? :p

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts
Aidsy1 said:
Bobbybingo its the diesel. And what exactly does that mean flash? :p

I think what Flash is saying.......Your clutch is knackered.

Change the lot.....clutch disc, diaphragm/cover and thrust bearing. You may as well, while it's all stripped out.
By a decent kit from about £110.......there are cheaper ones about though.

Edited by: Boysie

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
haha, i have the workshop manual from here (thanks flash) experience...maybe not (a phonecall to my father may be in order). And tools...have no idea (again the father). have just looked online at the kits, and what do i need, as it says stuff about 3 in1, 2 in 1, etc. :/

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts
3 in 1 is the 3 parts.......plate, diaphragm/cover and release bearing. 2 in 1 is minus the release bearing.
Buy the 3 in 1.
No point hoiking it all out, only to do it again later on for the release bearing.

Give them a ring and see what's in the kit, to be on the safe side. Cheapest, isn't always the best.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Right ok, thanks for the help :), will give the father a ring and check we have the tools.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts