Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Trying Boysies fix - mine went from the occasional ‘clunk’ through the pedal to the cap coming right off while driving in a couple of weeks. The whole assemblies bracket thats held on with the 3 x 13mm studs does seem to flex a fair bit when you press the pedal - can’t see or feel a crack though. Our Note has covered 75000 Miles though and plastic onto metal is never a recipe for long term success. Thanks Nissan.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Around the narow part with the slots in. Make sure the part is pressed home fully, before pulling the cable tie tight,😉

Loop the cable tie first, before placing it, but not so tight that it's hard to get on.😄..........once on, make sure the part is full pushed on, then pull the tie as tight as you can, while keeping the part fully on.
Lets us know the result.😉
Thanks for this info, my Note car have same issues. The clutch pedal connector keep fallen off from the slot. Manufacturer's design sabotage, manufacturers keep asking for more after you pay for their product, i new form of hostage taking. huuuum

·
Registered
3 Posts
Been a while since I did mine......7-8 weeks or so. Not heard a squeak from it. Cross fingers, that's saved a packet.:smile_big:

If I get time, I'll give some thought to a more 'permanant' fix. But, as long it lasts, it'll do for me.😄
//
YOU'RE A STAR

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think I was lucky with just one in the right place. The 'ratchet' part just going into the small slot, I think. Just luck, no skill......but pulled it as tight as I dare. Still holding, so fingers crossed. I have plenty of cable ties for replacement. if neccessary.😉:smile_big:.
HAHAHAAAA :D

·
Super Moderator
1,997 Posts
More drama about this problem. I hade to fit a new cable tie 3 weeks ago. It had worn through and snapped. Just given the new one a tiny bit more slack. Another 5p from my pension.:ROFLMAO:(y)

41 - 45 of 45 Posts