Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
Pulled the cable tie tight, felt a pain, trapped my little finger, had to shout the Mrs to get some side cutters :smile_big:.

"Part about £80.00, robbing T***s

Reactions: Esan

·
Registered
16 Posts
Around the narow part with the slots in. Make sure the part is pressed home fully, before pulling the cable tie tight,:wink:

Loop the cable tie first, before placing it, but not so tight that it's hard to get on.:smile:..........once on, make sure the part is full pushed on, then pull the tie as tight as you can, while keeping the part fully on.
Lets us know the result.:wink:
hi, is this where you mean to loop it?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,997 Posts
Been a while since I did mine......7-8 weeks or so. Not heard a squeak from it. Cross fingers, that's saved a packet.:smile_big:

If I get time, I'll give some thought to a more 'permanant' fix. But, as long it lasts, it'll do for me.:smile:
//

·
Super Moderator
1,997 Posts
Yeah...I go on the M60 so it's a lot of stop start and clutch work...have u checked to see if it had moved since your fix?
Yep, not moved a bit. I did give it a tug to try and tighten it a bit......but it never needed it.:smile_big:

Not sure how many miles I've done since.......must be over 700 or more. !

·
Registered
16 Posts
after my drive in this morning...the cable tie had moved but i think the one i have used it too big so its not gripping properly. will get a thinner one and try again tonight. but no movement on the actual part itself so positive result so far

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
after my drive in this morning...the cable tie had moved but i think the one i have used it too big so its not gripping properly. will get a thinner one and try again tonight. but no movement on the actual part itself so positive result so far

Try and cut a bit more of the excess cable tie off, yours looks as though it could catch against something.

Reactions: Boysie

·
Registered
16 Posts
the 1st cable tie fell off...i think it was too wide and i didnt pull it tight enough but i have put a couple of ties on now and its holding up well...

Attachments

• Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
    294.8 KB Views: 106

·
Super Moderator
1,997 Posts
the 1st cable tie fell off...i think it was too wide and i didnt pull it tight enough but i have put a couple of ties on now and its holding up well...
I think I was lucky with just one in the right place. The 'ratchet' part just going into the small slot, I think. Just luck, no skill......but pulled it as tight as I dare. Still holding, so fingers crossed. I have plenty of cable ties for replacement. if neccessary.:wink::smile_big:.

·
Super Moderator
1,997 Posts
My cable tie is holding....how's yours.?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I did a 'quick' fix, and it's held really great. Got a zip cable tie, about 4mm wide, formed a loop, then 'lasoo'd' the clip thingy, after I clicked it back into place.

Pulled it as tight as I could, and cut off the excess. Holding so far.😉

Easy to remove if necessary.:smile_big:
I did a 'quick' fix, and it's held really great. Got a zip cable tie, about 4mm wide, formed a loop, then 'lasoo'd' the clip thingy, after I clicked it back into place.

Pulled it as tight as I could, and cut off the excess. Holding so far.😉

Easy to remove if necessary.:smile_big:
Hi just wondering if you can help me, I have started with this problem and wondered if you maybe able to upload a picture showing how you added the cable tie to the clip that would really help me or if you could give information about how you did it cause I was going to try your method cause i think it is a really good way, thank you for your help

·
Super Moderator
1,997 Posts
The cable tie going around the clutch arm needs to have a wee bit of slack, not too tight. The smaller cable tie can slide off no matter how tight you pull it. But it's been in place for some time now.
Just try and make sure the black plastic part,(with the small cable tie around it), is pushed on before attaching the cable ties.

For a few pennies I'd rather do that than spend almost £90 for a new part. 3 cable ties in 4 years is pretty cheap, and works very well.(y)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Boysie that great information thank you I can’t believe how much it costs for a part mine went like two days ago at first I thought it was my clutch but then noticed the plastic was loose does the rod arm attached to the clutch arm have to move slight when pressing the clutch and depressing ? I.e side to side if that makes sense thank you for your help 😊

21 - 40 of 45 Posts