Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

Clutch problems

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Aidsy1 
#1 ·
Hi,

Wondering if someone could give me some advice regarding my 10 plate 1.4 N-tec Note.

I'm finding that I need to double the clutch intermittantly to get the reverse gear in and also finding that I sometimes get clutch judder too. An example this morning where I was coasting a short distance expecting to stop but found the roundabout cleared and I slipped the clutch back in second at 20mph+, admittedly with not many revs. It's only done 20,000 miles, I had these same symptoms on my old car at 95,000 when the clutch was on the way out. I have a year left on my warranty, is this something I should be looking to have replaced under warranty, is it likely they would do that? I got 95,000 out of my last clutch so I know it's not my driving style.

Thanks,
Steve

#2 ·
i get this every now and then, and mine is a 56 plate, it has done 122000 miles, and is still on the first clutch, so i dont think its anything to worry about, it usually happens for me when it is cold. and i also have problems getting it into reverse, i think it is just the gearbox, but if its still underwarranty, why take the risk?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.