Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I'm new here but thought I'd share a simple fix as your info helped me on another issue.
My clutch pedal was clicking yesterday. Upon inspection the master cylinder cap was working it's way off the clutch pedal as the and cap locks were worn away ( approx 44k miles) 58 plate note 1.4 petrol.
The rod end cap tries to move right and off the metal rod so simply wrap a couple of cable ties over the end cap and the clutch pedal to stop it trying to move right. *NOTE* don't pull really tight, just enough to hold it in place so it still has room to move freely. Thanks guys .
Danny

Registered
Hi I have a 56 plate with the same clutch pedal problem. My mechanic has done exactly the same thing , used a zip tie. I honestly know nothing much about the mechanical side of my cars. Can I ask is this safe and will it pass its m.o.t with a tie on the pedal. Thanks for any input to put my mind at rest..馃槉

Registered
Sounds like a sensible repair with a low cost.
Might be worth asking your mechanic to renew the tie at a yearly service for extra peace of mind.
If it was mine, I'd keep a spare cable tie or two in the boot.

Registered
Thank you I didn't expect this fix to last so long. Puts my mind at rest. I will ask mechanic to check the tie on my next service.

Registered
I worked out the 'fix' for myself last year. Passed it on to another member. Mine is still holding very well.

Makes your day, doesn't it, when a 'fix' costs a few pennies. (y):D

Registered
Yes its brilliant, it was making me a nervous but as there's positive comments I feel better 鈽

Registered
Thank you good idea I'll get a couple for my boot. I've taken photographs so I know what to do should it go again. So glad I came across this post. 馃槉

1 - 9 of 9 Posts