Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you may or may not know i was admin on Club nissan and the only one running the site finally had enough of the lack of help and people unwlling to give access server side to upgrade this rather old and decrepid forum

Ihave been on cn for over 3 year as mod and admin the heavy spamming and the useless software was getting beond a joke with every user having to be be deleted or removed 1 at a time and every spampost having to be deleted 1 at a time (no batch delete, remove or move )

my accounts have been deleted (i deleted them myself while logged in lol)

anyone need a mod or admin (have refrences if needed) !!!!!

anyhoo rant over

·
Registered
453 Posts
LFTO had the same issue some time ago.

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
i know what you mean flash

i joined but very old dark dingy site , not my cup of tea im afraid

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i couldnt do a thing about it as it was all server side it would of been blue with a light background anyway not my problem any more
ps. mr mod please edit my thread title preety please bit of a typo

·
Premium Member
248 Posts

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Ididn'trealise you were admin over there. I had been on it a number of times and tbh probably have an account on there I haveforgottenabout too. Icouldn'tget away with the black background.

This forum is actually run on the same software, albeit a newer version. It still suffers from the same issue of no way to bulk delete a spammer and his posts. I've implemented a hack that ties intohttp://www.stopforumspam.com/. This stops 99% of spammers from being able to register in the first place and is a massive help.

As (hopefully) this forum grows and we attract more Note members I'd be happy to have you as a mod here - I will need to see those references though lol

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Also what does that mean for the club nissan site now? Is there still an admin there or is the site soon to be killed off?

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Iwas the only one running the site. Idid have a recent offer of help from a member but didnt want to land them with the problems if i was to leave, the site is running 7.6 (latest now is10.2) on an access db, as above server side access was the issue and converting the database over to sql was anproblem without losing data if an upgrade was going to happen
I dont own the site/domain its up to the owner now tbh as far as i know there are 20 odd domains run of the same server

no doubt it will sit there and rot, thats the way i found itunloved and spammed

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
i saw the spam mate , i made one post to advertise the meet and it was spammedimmediately , you removed it for me

i think its pretty much dead and buried now you have left

·
Registered
453 Posts
I just do not understand why people do all the spam and troll thing. I've seen it all before. It got to the point on the LFTO (Live For The Outdoors) walking website, that loads of people would not post. People find it very easy to take things the wrong way, read the threads wrong.
I thought we had one on hear the other week with the chap that did not like our joke posts

1 - 11 of 11 Posts