Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

New here, found you whilst scouring the net for help with a problem on on my 2008 1.4 Note Acenta.

Hope you don't mind me asking as a newbie - have had a search on the forum but can't see an exact same problem.

On left hand lock there is a really loud ticking noise coming from the osf front wheel. It doesn't do it on right hand lock. No change when brakes are applied.

Any thoughts please? Any advice much appreciated.

Cheers,

Chris

·
Registered
99 Posts
Is it definately coming from the wheel and not the drivers foot well? Your ears can play tricks on you easily in a car!

Only asking as there's a well reported issue with a clip; look at this thread

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I did read that post. Well yes, there is the question - wheel or footwell? Will have to give it another listen won't I!

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Could be the outer CV joint starting to wear.

Take a look at the rubber boot and see if it is dry and clean, or all split and oily.
If it is dry and clean save up for a new joint as it will gradually get worse and worse until it fails.

IF the boot is split and leaking and you are not in a position to fit a new one, budget for a new joint and boot ASAP.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
to check the cv joint find an empty road or car park and drive the car in circleson full lock to the left and right,if you get ticking grinding noise it will be the cv joint
or there always the blond answer - check the tire over and make sure there no stone or nail in the tire

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
You could be spot on flash.

I had a clicking noise from the OS rear wheel, worse when turning right. Couldn't find it, drove in circles on a car park until I was dizzy, definitely rear wheel can hear it with the window open..
Examined it minutely, couldn't find anything.

Now there is a secret phrase known to the more adept amateur mechanics
"What was the very last thing you did before......" In my case, it was change the rear wheel bearing for a pattern part. Obviously, the pattern bearing is no good

The next morning, the FRONT tyre is flat, with a nail sticking out of the side of the tread

1 - 6 of 6 Posts