Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks - hopefully you can help or advise me on how best to handle a warranty claim.
We bought a used (09) Note Acenta 1.44 or 5weeks ago, and while we love it to bits it has quickly developed an annoying problem.

Frequently (a few times every journey), the clutch safety switch at the top of the pedal's travel clicks loudly when letting the pedal back up. It doesn't seem to discrimate on speed of pedal release, and the click is veryaudible in the cabin. It's driven my poor girlfriend a bit crazy.

We took the car to the Honda dealership we bought it from, and they've diagnosed it's the switch making the noise and replaced it under warranty. However, when they rang me to say the car's ready to collect, they said that the new switch also makes a clicking sound, alhtough they haven't road tested it as yet.

I'm concerned that despite them doing exactly what's required under the warranty, the problem won't be solved and my girlfriend will continue to be driven mad. She's already saying we should refuse to take the car back until the problem is solved... I don't know if I can legally do that!

It's not legal advice I'm after - but it would be extremely useful to know if anyone out there has had the same clicking noise from the clutch pedal and this switch... or if your Note with cruise control has no issues of this kind at all.

Thanks!

Mr W

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update to this - it's gone back in as I removed the clutch switch and still got the noise... not rocket science. It's now been isolated to the clutch spring and the technician (Honda dealer) is fitting a grommet to the spring to prevent it from clicking. Apparently it's now fixed... will update again when I've picked it up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts