Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI
I have just purchased a pair of chrome wing mirror covers has anyone ever changed them on their note is it an easy job any pitfalls any information will be greatly appreciated

thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Looks like I will have to put these away in the cupboard I have searched the web high and low the information will probably crop up one day day but i have no intention of trying to fit these chrome mirrors on my brand new 12 reg ntec + until I have the knowledge even nissan dealers don't reply to my emails so they haven't got a clue either ?so much for nissan dealerships

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Remove the glass, then you can get at the tabs on the cover from inside the housing. The glass releases using a screwdriver.

It is on GW-102 of the workshop manual: ask flash22 for the link, you have enough posts I think

I'd leave them well alone. A new glass won't give you much change from £60 if it breaks.

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
When I purchased my Note, it was an ex demo. It had every thing on it.
The next winter, one chrome cover fell off. It's held on with thick double sided tape.
I cleaned off the tape and replaced the chrome cap with silicone sealant, You have to hold the caps on with electrical tape till the silicone goes off, (I gave mine about 4 hours).
It's like the chrome rings around the fog lights, they are held on with double sided tape, I'm going to do them next.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts