Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headlight not working, changed bulb. Still not working, must be a fuse. Spotted the beige/white box behind passenger headlamp. Managed to loosen the 4 tabs and pull the top off. The lid does not seem to detach but comes away with all of the wiring underneath. How to do you get the lid off ? I see a number of other tabs all round. But surely must be easier than this !Looking like a garage job for damn fuse.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hi Dougal, <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
Thank you for the link, another bit of info to squirrel away in case needed in the future!
Happy New Year!
All the best Spartacus1961

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I gave up in then end and got a local garage to change fuse(awkward job mechanic said). Also had the engine managment light on in car(1.4 petrol)(52K miles). Bad sensor in exhaust , replaced £289

Mechanic was saying probably due to cheap supermarket petrol with no additives. Will start filling up with premium petrol.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
dougal said:
I gave up in then end and got a local garage to change fuse(awkward job mechanic said). Also had the engine managment light on in car(1.4 petrol)(52K miles). Bad sensor in exhaust , replaced £289

Mechanic was saying probably due to cheap supermarket petrol with no additives. Will start filling up with premium petrol.

Not that old chestnut again, all the tankers fill up from the same RON rated storage units with few exceptions.

·
Registered
46 Posts
In my neck of the woods Adsa, Morrisons, Sainsburys, BP and Total are all the same price, so whats cheap ?

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
morrisons petrol isnt that great, older cars its ok with but the newer ones with euro 5 engines the burn isnt as clean
most of the london cabbie's avoid the supermarket diesel as theres to much ethanol in it and with the milages thay do thay cant afford breakdowns

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
There was a big problem in 2007, when diesel got mixed in the petrol supplied by Tesco, used up the entire spares stock of oxygen sensors if I remember right.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_United_Kingdom_petrol_contamination

You can easily reproduce this by using a can to refuel that has had diesel in.

I always keep the receipt from Tescos, so when it does cause a problem, and with the amount of fuel they sell you will soon hear about it, my claim is irrefutable.

(I always pay in cash as well, but that is another story)

·
Registered
238 Posts
I find that when I use supermarket fuel my average fuel consumption around town goes down, about 38mpg! so more often than not I try to use Shell or Esso, average consumption goes back to about 45mpg, this can go to over 50mpg when I'm in the mood,( my employer made us all do a driving course to improve our fuel consumption)don't always do it because it takes a lot of concentration and can annoy the driver behind you
(btw I have a 1400)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had same prob with my Nissan Note 1.5dci lights out both sidelights front and rear on one side although stop light was working.Number plate lights both out to.It was a fuse in a grey box behind passenger side headlamp.Awkward job but manageable with a bit of patience and a snipe nosed pliers to remove the faulty fuse which was 1 of 4 red 10 amp fuses in the centre of the panel.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts