Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Does anybody know how to change the spark plugs on a 1.6 petrol? Is it straight forward enough? Cheers for any assistance

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
its a bit of a pig of a job plugs for the 1.6 arnt cheap imho you need to replace the inlet gasket as well

·
Registered
167 Posts
I think the spark plugs are Denso brand about £20 each but last a long time. Eurocarparts stock them just checked £20.34 each. I think the gasket is about £20+ and the job is a pain in the bum!

·
Registered
43 Posts
It looks a lot worse than it is. Take off engine cover, loosen throttle body from inlet man, loosen inlet man fit new plugs and inlet gasket job done. About 20 min

·
Registered
90 Posts
flash22 said:
its a bit of a pig of a job plugs for the 1.6 arnt cheap imho you need to replace the inlet gasket as well
If it's such a pig of a job, then the £60 difference between Bronze and Silver services seems good value.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
comfortably done in less than an hour taking your time, the micra12.com guide is very good and some short cuts can be taken even from that guide making it a little quicker.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Hi Ruben, changed mine @32k miles and 5 yrs old,as I didn't want to do it when the weather will be cold and dark, all gaps were to spec and they would of been Ok to keep using.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks pal,have a 58 reg 1.6,24,000 mls,driving ok,was just wondering,thanks, ps anyone have the revs increase ,when changing gear,mine goes up a few hundred revs,even with foot well off the gas,or is something iffy.

·
Registered
16 Posts
yes, if I ease off the gas,miss a beat,then change gear,alls fine, but if trying to shift along,once I depress the clutch,revs shoot up a couple of hundred,as if foot still on the gas.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
could be a simple case of your clutch is lifting before the throttle is closing (sometimes this is just a personal timing error) might be down to the throttle pedal sticking or carpet interference or stiffening throttle butterfly spindle.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Don't think it's my timing,as have tried different ways of driving,even with foot off gas,needle will still blip,as if the rev's want to climb,when depressing clutch, rather like when as a kid I bliped the throttle when down changing gear on my bike,only in the car,foot off the gas,like a delayed reaction,yesterday put a bottle of fuel system cleaner into tank,going on a trip up to stanstead airport this afternoon, about 150 mile round trip,and am hoping things may be better when I get back, is the use of carb cleaner [with air filter removed] sprayed into the throttle assembly,be likely to clear it,if a case of butterfly spindle sticking?.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I wouldn't do that with the carb cleaner as it will move muck to other areas that maybe more sensitive. If you really want to clean the throttle butterfly, remove the plastic stuff either side of it and clean carefully with a soft toothbrush and some carb cleaner but try not to remove the electronic connector at the rear as it may upset the ECU. I would look at the carpets etc first though.

·
Registered
16 Posts
will have a good check around carpets,etc,was a bit wary of using the carb cleaner, for the reasons you have mentioned,too many gizmo's,thanks for the suggestions,ps looking around for another renault scenic 1.5 diesel, far better car than the note, in every way,sold my 56 reg scenic after nearly 4 years, 79,000mls,was still running as new, original exhaust hardly marked,had a look under the note, exhaust looks ready to fall off,at 24,000mls, except for servicing,had to replace blower relay,and the air con rubber hose, on the scenic,compared with the renault, the note feels very cheap/nasty,thought it was just the case of a different car,but a couple of months and nearly 5,000mls later, neither myself or the wife,rates the note. I'LL GET ME COAT.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
ruben said:
,but a couple of months and nearly 5,000mls later, neither myself or the wife,rates the note. I'LL GET ME COAT.
Not at all, I don't think anyone here is churlish enough to believe that the Note is the panacea for all needs. What you need is what you need.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts