Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 Note with the radio/cd installed. I would like to change it to the sat nav radio/cd. I have taken photos of the connections on both types. It is not just a simple re plug in. Has anyone done it before and if so what was involved. Do you have to get another harness to go between the two sets of connectors? I am watching one on Ebay for £110 and if it can be done I will get it.
Many thanks, Alan.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Hi Alan,
If you look in the 'search' at the top right of the page you'll find this question has been answered before.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Alan,
If you look in the 'search' at the top right of the page you'll find this question has been answered before.
Jymmer,I searched the top right of the page but could not find "search". did the answer give a good result or was it another question? I'm not the best on computors at 82. Many thanks Alan.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Hi Alan,
The 'search' is a picture of a magnifying glass at the top of this page.
I did look, and yes there are replies as to the changing and up grading of radio head units.
If you changed your radio to a 'connect' Sat Nav version, then it would likely be straightforward because the wiring loom would have all the ready connectors.
Most owners however have up graded to a different brand of radio/sat nav and that would no doubt require a particular conversion lead with connectors. Halfords can often help with those.
I'm glad you are still enjoying driving at 82 Alan.
I'm a young boy of 63 and three quarters so i hope I'm still doing the business at your age!

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Mine was upgraded from the 6 cd changer with bluetooth to a connect years ago.

From memory

The main plug with power & speakers is the same.
I think the powered aerial lead is the same
You need a generic GPS antenna, with the square green plug housing a tiny gold co-ax plug (I think.)

There is a patch lead needed that converts the microphone plug and has some pins grounded to tell it that it is in a note-it goes in the upper socket- this does something to the speed pulses and the way the steering controls work. It also sets an equaliser mode to make the sound "correct" for the speakers in a note, but I can't hear any difference.
These are about £13.

The search isn't too helpul, you can do better with google if you type

site:noteownersclub.co.uk connect fitting

the "site:URL" restricts google to just the specified wesite.

The first hit is How to: A guide to retro fitting a connect sat nav

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Alan,
The 'search' is a picture of a magnifying glass at the top of this page.
I did look, and yes there are replies as to the changing and up grading of radio head units.
If you changed your radio to a 'connect' Sat Nav version, then it would likely be straightforward because the wiring loom would have all the ready connectors.
Most owners however have up graded to a different brand of radio/sat nav and that would no doubt require a particular conversion lead with connectors. Halfords can often help with those.
I'm glad you are still enjoying driving at 82 Alan.
I'm a young boy of 63 and three quarters so i hope I'm still doing the business at your age!
Thanks Jymmer, sorry for the delay, looking at all the problems I'm not sure whether to do it or not. I was a mechanic in my younger days and a BT engineer for 22 years bee retired 24 years, I've looked at the information that another member has provided. There is no rush especially being virtually on lockdown. Many thanks, Alan.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine was upgraded from the 6 cd changer with bluetooth to a connect years ago.

From memory

The main plug with power & speakers is the same.
I think the powered aerial lead is the same
You need a generic GPS antenna, with the square green plug housing a tiny gold co-ax plug (I think.)

There is a patch lead needed that converts the microphone plug and has some pins grounded to tell it that it is in a note-it goes in the upper socket- this does something to the speed pulses and the way the steering controls work. It also sets an equaliser mode to make the sound "correct" for the speakers in a note, but I can't hear any difference.
These are about £13.

The search isn't too helpul, you can do better with google if you type

site:noteownersclub.co.uk connect fitting

the "site:URL" restricts google to just the specified wesite.

The first hit is How to: A guide to retro fitting a connect sat nav

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mnl, thanks for your info, I having second thoughts whether I will do it. But will investigate the info you gave.
many thanks, Alan.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
TBH, you are probably better off with a dedicated SatNav, or a cradle for your 'phone, the connect is very poor quality (Bosh don't call it the "low cost navigation" for nothing ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts